Window and patterns

Vimal

Window and patterns

Post by Vimal »

Hi,

I am looking for UPVC windows with patterns in-laid. When I browse Fenesta website, I find their windows with sheet(s) of glass on UPVC frame. For residence purpose, windows with pattern made up of thin material inserted between sheet of glass will look better. Do you know any vendor in bangalore who makes such a window with patterns built-in ?

Thanks
Vimal
blrsiteseeker

Re: Window and patterns

Post by blrsiteseeker »

yes they will look good with the patterns. But remember, that you have to add grill work for security purposes. if you have a pattern in the glass and add grill work, they will clash. That might be the reason why they don't have the patterns built in.
Vimal

Post by Vimal »

Yes, safety grill pattern can clash with the window pattern but clash be avoided by alignment or overlay of two can make another pattern :) Besides, there may be cases (mostly in uppper floors) where safety grill is not required because no intruder can break in unless he is super or spiderman :-)
blrsiteseeker

Post by blrsiteseeker »

are you talking about upper floors - as in really high rise. If it is highrise, I think the apartment builders seem to find patterns (at least I saw some pictures of apartments with patterned windows) and you don't have to find them (they will have one standard design for architectural aesthetics.

If not, first floor / second floor is not too difficult for them to scale. Now if the ground floor windows don't match the upper floors - not sure how it would look.

I am constructing a house as well, for me, if the patterns were on both the window and the glass - it would seem too busy. If you are going to align the designs (from the glass and grill), means you are making a redundant pattern (which is shadowed by one). So I picked plain glass for the shutters and a grill pattern to our liking.

I am sure the architects will chime in and put their thoughts.
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi,
In fenesta or any other upvc window vendors has a option of laminate glass.
Laminated Glass consists of two or more panes of glass bonded together by a tough.durable plastic Polyvinyl Butyral (PVB) interlayer(s)
The same pvb layer can be made with different patterns or just use a normal sandwich glass with pattern.
Blrsiteseeker views are 100% true.The other option is to fix the grill from inside ,but then you need to have scaffolding to clean or fix the upvc windows.Very though in case of high rise.
Or you can go for pattern sheet on the glass stuck from inside .In any case you can read the pattern more interesting from inside than out side unless its a commercial building

Regards
Ar.Praveen.n
Ardes Architects and Interior Designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
Vimal

Post by Vimal »

Hi Praveen,

I am interested only in residential building (G + 2 floors). Sticking patterns on the glass or pattern sandwiching between glass panes is a good idea. Are you aware of any vendors in bangalore who can do it or has done it ? Looking for your reply.

Thanks.
jai_nethala

Post by jai_nethala »

Any updates on this ?
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi Jai & Vimal
You can check with this person
Rohit Lakhotia
+91 93437 27365
He is in to laminated glasses for windows,wardrobes,partitions etc.I haven't checked with him.So be careful before you proceed.You can refer my name as an architect just to get better response.In general these guys don't respond for smaller requirement.

Regard
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior Designers
ardesarchtiects@gmail.com

Return to “Interiors”