What plywood to use?

neeraj_da

Re: What plywood to use?

Post by neeraj_da »

BTW I am planning to use traditional hinges in cubbord. Would use european style hinges only in kitchen.
rajesht74

Post by rajesht74 »

Appreciate your comment Namburi. I have used only BLUM for drawers and hinges. Excellent quality. I used it with good quality architect ply.

Hettich design showroom is there in Raheja Arcade, Koramangala. I guess they are equally good.
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi,
Hettich is also a good brand, traditional hinges are good ones, the only problem with them is, you can’t fix shutter above the box. The shutter has to go in to the box or else the hinges get exposed.

regards,
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interiors Designers
ardesarchitects@yahoo.co.in
neeraj_da

Post by neeraj_da »

For Euro ply, what is the cost of 19 mm commercial ply? and what are some good places to buy?

Thanks
pradeep742

Post by pradeep742 »

any idea abt particle boards :?:
ardesarchitects

Hi pradeep
Particle boards are basically wooden flakes joined with glue under heavy pressure.These are very sensitive to water and cant take any kind of load.Usually the life span of these boards are max 10-15 years if used very very carefully.
The biggest problem with these are lack of screw holding ,once you fix a screw it cant be re fixed in case it gives away.These are used in all modular furniture's.

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior Designers
neeraj_da

Post by neeraj_da »

My carpentar is insisting that Ebco hinges are better than Hettich. Is that so ( Ebco hinges probably is more expensive, but are they better?).
ardesarchitects wrote:Hi,
Hettich is also a good brand, traditional hinges are good ones, the only problem with them is, you can’t fix shutter above the box. The shutter has to go in to the box or else the hinges get exposed.

regards,
Ar.Praveen.N
gkrishn

Post by gkrishn »

I have been discussing this in other thread. since we have dedicated one for ply wood, here i go....

What are different brands of plywood out there?
ardesarchitects

Hi Neeraj
Ebco is also equally good and strong.I don't thing ebco is costlier than hettich .

regards,
Ar.Praveen.N
gokorea

Post by gokorea »

Hi Praveen,

My Carpenter is Suggesting to Use Commercial Block board for all wardrobes and Water proof Block board for Kitchen.
He suggested me this ANKUR 100% pinewood Block boards . Is it a good idea to use Board or shall I take Ply ??

Pavan

Return to “Interiors”