Electrical Fittings

ramki067

Re: Electrical Fittings

Post by ramki067 »

ausraja wrote:My experience in buying wires and electric items like switches , sockets , plates , MCB and holders were tiresome.

For Wires:

I avoided finolex because of the duplicates and brought havells wires from havells galaxy shops and strangely the price difference from that of shops in BVK and chickpet didnt vary a big difference from that of havells galaxy which is the company's authorized shop.

For electric items like switches , sockets , plates , MCB and holders:

I got the quote for GM , Anchor (ROMA , CONA) and Havells(verona brand).The biggest diffence that i notices wad that Anchor items are extremely cheap (A switch from Roma costs 10 rs where as that of legrand is 32 and GM is 22).

The final cote that i got for my list of items was 21500 for CONA , 28000 to 30,000 for GM ( i verified in 4 diff streets in GVK road) and 32,000 to 40,000 for havells(havells price from havells galaxy only).My electrician told a strict NO for Anchor items due to duplicates and quality for which i dropped Anchor.

I started deciding on GM/Havells ,

The negative of GM is that there is only one type of Fat switch and diff is only in plates but the price across majority of stores were very consistent(not more than 1500rs diff across 4 stores).I had to drop this as the options are limited and ther eisnt a big price diff to that of havells/legrand.

The positive of havells was that Havells galaxy is a authorised dealer and you feel that you are in a better place and not in a marvadi shop who dont remember your face 1 minute after you do a cash payment.I also noticed that in most of this marvadi shop getting a replacement for a faulty item is no easy deal(if you notice 3 customers in a shop then 2 are new buys and last one is an unsatisfied old customer having a product which had a defect).In addition to this i noticed that Havells gives door delivery + free service in the site for any faults in the product up to 10 yrs(if you have a bill by paying TAX).I also noticed that the prices due to discounts veries from different havells galaxy shops(32,000 to 40,000).

I brought all my items from havells galaxy by paying 32K , ie 3 to 4K extra compared to that of the marvadis of chickpet ,BVK and i am happy about the deal.In addition to this i want to say a strict no to the Havells galaxy shop in RT street in BVK as he is not interested and gives a heavy bill for residential customers.I have also not enquired about havells products in any of the marvadi shops.

I didnt want to be penny wise pound foolish.Hope this helps and happy shopping.
Very informative info. thanks very much.
Could you please let us know from which Havells Galaxy shop did you buy finally? Any address or such.

Thanks,
Ramki
girishd

Post by girishd »

@ausraja,

Awesome post. Very informative. Thanks.
ausraja

Post by ausraja »

I purchased the wires from the below :

Vinayaka Enterprises
30/1A, Shop No. 12 and 13, 1st Flr, Kanakpura Main Road,Chunchaghatta Cross, Yelachenahalli,560078
City: Bangalore
Tel:9341227232,
Email:vnk_enter@yahoo.co.in

The good information that this guy gave me was that instead of buying two 90M cables buy one 180M cable in this way you save 5 to 10% on total bill(for instance say instead of buying two 90M cables of 1 square MM belonging to one colour better buy one of 180M).As i said what ever i paid was almost the same as what the marvadis had quoted.

I purchased the switches , sockets , plates , MCB , ceiling rose , holders from the below

S L V Building Solutions
274/2A, Swamy Vivekananda Layout , Muthanallur Cross,Sarjapur Main Road , Dommasandra,562125
City: Bangalore
Tel:9900041357 / 080-27822666,
Email:slvbuildingsolutions@gmail.com

This guy gave me like 70% discount + tax for majority of items and 20% on MCB , holders. Inspite of tax it works out cheaper when u see the total bill or by max will have a small margin then the other non guaranteed shops .The other dealers dont offer more than 63% discount and also if you insist door delivery then this dealer will deliver.The only problem is that he is far from city but certainly genuine so you can as well order by phone and pay on delivery(same as what i did).

One additional point that i want to say is that if you purchase fan regulators then dont buy one in which speed is controlled as volume in a radio where you don't feel the diff easily but buy one that has 1,2,3 markings where in you know that you changed the speed and you expect better. The reason for saying this is because after you purchase and fix the regulator and realize that moving the regulator is not giving better results the marvadis will never replace it because according to them and their testers in the shop you are wrong and not the regulator.
civil88

Post by civil88 »

@ausraja,

Very useful information indeed! This will be helpful for lot of us. You have covered two extremes of the city by locating 2 good shops from Kanakpura Road and Sarjapura Road.

Thanks once again!
ausraja

Post by ausraja »

One additional information that i missed out was that i selected Havells "Verona" brand which is the most budgeted and fast moving brand from havells.I would advice people to take this instead of ROMA/CONA which is the cheapest in the market.
ramki067

Post by ramki067 »

rajesha07 wrote:
MARINES wrote:can u provide the shop info..

Surya traders, near new horizon school, dodda togur, electronic city
Hi rajesh,

Could you provide a google map location of the exact shop. I need to get electrical items for my new home.
or is this the one in the below link?
https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir//Sri+ ... 12.8508676

Thanks,
Ramki
karthikssks

Post by karthikssks »

Hi
My architect is suggesting me to go for Norisys modular switches. Any reviews please
rajesha07

Post by rajesha07 »

JollyRogers wrote:
July 29th, 2012, 10:49 am
I had been to BVK Iyengar road to purchase Electrical wires yesterday, and I made a good find. Almost all dealers prefer Finolex, and then Havells/Anchor.
The following are the discounts offered: 35% on Anchor Products, 30% on Finolex. (I had enquired with about 8-9 shops and all of the dicounts ranged from 30-40% max).
I then found a Shop which offered me the best discount. They are bulk suppliers for all leading developers in South India, (They are not into retail sales) and I found them offering the best rates:
48% discount on all Havells products (crabtree, wires, etc.)
50-52%% on Clipsal (schneider electric)
48-50% on Legrand products.
The overall cost turned out to be cheaper than Anchor/Finolex products.
If anyone is interested, you can PM me, and I will provide you with the details of the shop.
Hi, can i get the shop details pls..
rajesha07

Post by rajesha07 »

JollyRogers wrote:
August 10th, 2012, 4:01 pm
I purchased Havells wires.
Yes, the discounts are the best in Bangalore, much cheaper that what the manufactures sell, so that they dont affect the retail sales.
I have sent a PM to all those who have requested.
I know i am too late to ask the address.. please let me know the shop name. thankyou
Visualizer

Post by Visualizer »

Can anyone guide me where is Havells Galaxy store or authorized shop?

Return to “Interiors”