[Help] Gas Piping

sc_new

Re: [Help] Gas Piping

Post by sc_new »

But everytime the gas cylinders empties, you will have to transport it down and carry the heavy filled gas cylinder up, I guess for this reason most people put it in ground floor
Naveenraj123

Post by Naveenraj123 »

I have a lift
viksat82

Post by viksat82 »

Gas raises up not going down. Gas distributors suggest keep cylinders lower than appliances. I don't think keeping in terrace is good idea.
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

You need to consider the practicalities in this case.

Gas will be in the liquid form inside the Cylinder. When you open the regulator, due to pressure, it gets converted to vapor and goes up to the stove. When you keep the Cylinder above the Stove level, Gas flow will not be proper due to reduction in the pressure.

In the coming years, GAIL is coming up with the piped gas connection to all the house in the city WHICH IS LIGHTER THAN LPG. Already commissioning in progress since last year in the East Bangalore zone like white field, Electronic city, HSR Layout...etc. Its a matter of time to reach the rest of Bangalore. Piped gas connection is cheaper and safer than using the LPG Cylinder.

So if your connection entry point is at the Ground or near to the ground level, you can re-use the same pipeline to the piped gas line with minimum work. If your gas entry point is at a height or terrace, you need additional piping work to connect the new gas line network.
miitian

Post by miitian »

Kindly suggest a reliable and cost effective vendor to install gas pipeline in my flat.

Return to “Interiors”