[Help] Gas Piping

maheshvivid2003

Re: [Help] Gas Piping

Post by maheshvivid2003 »

thank u pradeep
saisuraksha

Post by saisuraksha »

Gas Piping is Good but it should be with in 10 ft to max 20 ft. if piping line runs in the order of 60 to 70 fts there will be lost of Gas approx 1/2 kg per cylinder. LPG is precious, govt gives subsidies and we should properly make use of this energy.

This is just a welfare note for all.
dev13

Post by dev13 »

JollyRogers, Pradeep,

I came to know there are two grades of copper pipes

1.5mm thick copper tube with rubber cladding
2.2mm thick copper tube with rubber cladding

which one have you gone for?
pradeepecr

Post by pradeepecr »

I don't know how much thickness, Just I went with jollyrogger refered person. Think, Jollyrogger knows details.
JollyRogers

Post by JollyRogers »

It should be .5 mm. You can check with Dilip on detailed pricing. Very transparent and quick job.
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi Guys
An Important note about copper gas pipe is never run it for long.Its not recommended for more than 20' horizontal,never go for vertical lift,in case of apartments reticulated gas supply they are measured at meter board in your apartment so you don't loose anything .In individual homes you loose not less than 2 kg per cylinder.
If you are concerned about safety allocate a dedicated space for cylinder in the same floor in utility.

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior Designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.ardesarchitects.com
sanker.gs

Post by sanker.gs »

Hi
I thought of doing the gas pipe line @ residential home ( G + 2 floors, each floor 2 homes ) space under the Stairs .
on reading the post, vertical lift is not advisable and more than 10 to 20 feet is not advisable.

Hence dropping the idea of making storage of gas in a common place.

is there any way i can achieve keeping Gas in common place.

Regards
Sanks
maheshv

Post by maheshv »

When you say we loose LPG, does it mean gas is leaked during transmission or it remains in cylinder and not used?
amarbs

Post by amarbs »

I enquired about the concerns raised about vertical raise with an acquaintance who has made copper gas piping from ground to upto 3rd floor in his own building and using for last 5 yrs. He is an experienced civil engineer himself. He was happy with this approach and did not experience any gas wastage. Basically, LPG is lighter than air and should naturally raise without any additional pressure.
I came across MLC (multi-layer composite) pipes specially designed for gas distribution from Jindal (http://www.jindalpex.com/composite-pipes.htm). I am getting a quote of 100/- per Rft from an authorized distributor for material and labor. Anybody has any experience with this? I am also told that copper pipes are not from a branded company and hence guage is not guaranteed.
-Amar
psavkur

Post by psavkur »

hi amarbs,did you get the gas piping done, after this post?I have to get mine done and plan to keep the cylinders on the ground floor with the kitchen on the first floor.pls let me know if you have any contacts

Return to “Interiors”