IKEA's FDI proposal cleared

rajuraikar

IKEA's FDI proposal cleared

Post by rajuraikar »

just saw the news IKEA's FDI proposal cleared http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/cnbc-t ... 85067.html

hopefully soon we would be able to get more choices in furniture.
njayakeerthy

Re: IKEA's FDI proposal cleared

Post by njayakeerthy »

The quality of IKEA is average.They are all mass produced. Very hard to find hi-end quality products.
bdasites

Post by bdasites »

Very high quality is not affordable for everyone. In US standards, Yes, Ikea/Walmart stuff maybe Low end, But with my budget constraints, Ikea used to work out well.
they have all kinds of home stuff at very affordable prices. In US , i used to get Nice Bowls and spoons and living room decorative items such as dry flowers and flower vases quite cheaper than what i would pay in India. If the prices are competitive too in india, would be great to have IKEA here.
blrsiteseeker

Post by blrsiteseeker »

njayakeerthy wrote:The quality of IKEA is average.They are all mass produced. Very hard to find hi-end quality products.
Ikea is not really for High end stuff. They are meant for people on a budget and I think for the price their quality is great. They do have good designs within that low price, and with a lot of options too (not just one standard item).
Vimal

Post by Vimal »

I have desks, coffee table, dresser, end tables, kids bunk bed from ikea. They are all 10+ yrs old and are in great condition. Considering workmanship and knowledge of workman in india, ikea goods will definitely fair well.
tvsh

Post by tvsh »

Ikea furntiure are usually made of particle board, hence cheap. But the finish and designs are good. they are smart at utilizing space very well. Certainly they are not meant to replace Hunsur teak furniture. They are good as one can use them for 5 to 10 years and replace them without really hurting the pocket.
sreekbda

Post by sreekbda »

The real question is when can we buy IKEA furniture in Bangalore? Anyone has any info on this?
Vimal

Post by Vimal »

It will happen as they plan to open around 20+ store in India. Right now India is being cooked by american cos and dollars. Slowly and steadly all variety of foods will be served ;-) I am eagerly waiting for krispy kreme donut which i read somedays ago that the first store will be opened in bangalore before end of this year. Anyone has an update ?
nsbb123

Post by nsbb123 »

well soon your ateries can get clogged eating those hi fat Krispy K Donuts! in us they have gone bankrupt after damaging enough of the middle class here they come lets put the under 30+ in the drug companies hands!

Return to “Interiors”