Worth Visting Jigani for Granite ?

velusamys

Worth Visting Jigani for Granite ?

Post by velusamys »

Hi Guys,

I would like to know the price range of Granites in Jigani area ?

1. I need 1000 SQ FT
2. Only light shads either White or Ivory
3. Uniqueness in granite pattern (no uniquness in pattern may be they bought for low price or not aware of this)
4. Either 15 to 18 MM size is enough
arjun.surendra04

Re: Worth Visting Jigani for Granite ?

Post by arjun.surendra04 »

Gang saw 140-200 rs.
3x11 - 80-90 rs.
Avoid white shades as the stone is not strong compared to dark shade ones. Some white shades are hard but need to be extra careful when picking white. Some turn yellow.

Pattern matching will be difficult if there are too many waves. Checkout kupam green.

Read - https://sites.google.com/site/arjunwebworld/Home/blogs/constructing-a-house-in-bangalore flooring section.
anupmudugal

Post by anupmudugal »

Hi Velu,

better to go for vitrified tiles. You can be sure of the quality and you have good designs. We bought granite for our new house from my friend, but have observed lot of patches and we are unable to clear the same
prabhu422p

Post by prabhu422p »

Sir,

Recently i bought an LIG apartment at SURYANAGAR,CHANDAPUR.Flooring is mozaic and i want to change the flooringto vitrified tiles.Which option is better i.e remove the current flooring and laying the vitrified tiles or fixing the vitrified tile on existing mozaic flooring.Please comment.

Thanks
Prabhakar

ADMIN NOTE -- Please use appropriate topic to discuss.If you don't find one can always create a new topic.
kvprakashreddy

Post by kvprakashreddy »

Its worth a visit to Jigani, if u r looking for granite. Lot of options with all price range. Out of shops i visited, found Navkars and Fateh have got lots of varities.
rkrishna

Post by rkrishna »

If you are looking for cheapest granite, it is certainly worth a visit. That said, I did not have a great experience at Jigani because we were looking for good quality medium granite options. We either did not find our granite options or found the ones displayed to be inconsistent. Finally bought from RPG and Kubera Granite though the price was a bit higher (we got Ash pearl, black galaxy, emerald pearl etc.). Sadarahalli was cheaper in Jigani though we did not find the slabs to be that consistent.

I am told that consistency depends on the lot and whether it was takenfrom the top of the quarry, middle or the end. The price varies based on this and the type of granite.
Vishnu2014

Post by Vishnu2014 »

Can you guys refer me to some Granite shops at bangalore?

Thx,
Vishnu
rkrishna

Post by rkrishna »

Between Dairy circle and beginning of Bannerghatta road (towards old airport road from Dairy circle via Mico layout), there are tons of shops. RPG at the start of Bannerghatta road has a very good collection though a bit more expensive than average shops. Stone hill just opposite to that is also good. HMG near lalbagh was good but looked a bit more costly. I picked up black galaxy from Kubera granites. It is better go with an expert who can distinguish between good set of granite pieces and average ones
Vishnu2014

Post by Vishnu2014 »

Thanks much Krishna.

Could you also provide references in Jigani?
rkrishna

Post by rkrishna »

I forgot the names of the places I visited in Jigani. If you cross Bannerghatta junction and drive towards Jigani, you will find a lot of granite places on both sides. We went to 6-7 places but were not impressed.

Return to “Interiors”