Readymade Vetrified Tiles for Staircase (Steps and Raiser)

maheshv

Readymade Vetrified Tiles for Staircase (Steps and Raiser)

Post by maheshv »

While searching for floor tiles, I came across this, I find it interesting and can save lot of time when it comes to stair case finishing. Has anyone already explored this option? any input is highly appreiciated
http://www.nitcotiles.com/mosaicart.asp ... tepsRisers
kpb2308

Re: Readymade Vetrified Tiles for Staircase (Steps and Raise

Post by kpb2308 »

I came across some imported tiles for stairs and risers in Chabbria Bath World near Ashoka pillar. But they were ridiculously priced. Something like 1200 per sft or something.
Any idea how much the Nitco one you posted above costs? Also, their riser is 148 mm, which is around 5.8". Usually risers are 6-7 inches. So not sure hot it fits.
maheshv

Post by maheshv »

thanks kpb

I visited nitco last weekend and like you mentioned cost is too much.

size and cost are
2ft (around 15mm thick)- 170 rs per sqft
4ft (more thicker and meant for heavy traffic) - 350 or 450 rs per SQFT, I forgot the exact price, but it was pricy for sure :)

Now I am back to previous option of using 20mm or 18mm local granite with half rounding around the edge
kpb2308

Post by kpb2308 »

maheshv
is using 20mm/18mm local granite cheaper than Rs. 170/sft? How much does it cost per sft
maheshv

Post by maheshv »

@kpb, yes you can get granite for stair case at range of 100 to 120. For 180 to 200 rupees you can get real nice looking granite slabs

Return to “Interiors”