Fans that consume 50% less electricity

nagzzz

Re: Fans that consume 50% less electricity

Post by nagzzz »

Dear Raghu Sir,
Hope all fans are installed now and functioning well. What are your reviews on the product? And a couple of actual pictures will do a world of Good. All are white?
kraghum

Post by kraghum »

will do in a day or two, still lot of interior work to be done. not yet moved in to house. but i have seen them working (6 out of 9 fans are installed, during house warming) and am happy with ease of operation during this period

will upload the pictures soon
biddappa_c_b

Post by biddappa_c_b »

Congrats on your house RAghu. Hope u remember me :)..
eagerly waiting for the fans pics so that I too can think of the same :)
kraghum

Post by kraghum »

Thanks biddapa, still few more weeks to move in.
aries31

Post by aries31 »

I have six of these superfans installed and in use since 6+months. They are wonderful. Very low power consumption, no buzzing noise with UPS and remote control is very useful too. (I bought them online, delivered by India Post). Even the packaging is earth-friendly paper carton only (no plastics)
kraghum

Post by kraghum »

Photos, will post other when i open the package for installing in next week, notice the Triangular sign in middle, that's an LED light that flashes to show that it's recognised your input to start. that light will blink and goes off after a second or two
Attachments
Fan when at stationary
Fan when at stationary
photo 3.JPG (12.21 KiB) Viewed 8608 times
fan started,
fan started,
photo 2.JPG (11.78 KiB) Viewed 8608 times
fan at normal speed
fan at normal speed
photo 1.JPG (11.79 KiB) Viewed 8608 times
nagzzz

Post by nagzzz »

Thank you very much Raghu! Decided. I will go the Super(fan)man way too!
parkom

Post by parkom »

I wasccurious to know what innovations have gone into the fans but could not find any such details on their website. They do mention somewhere about the merits of using a variable frequency drive at some place in their website though. If they do use VFD s then the power consumption at full speed is bound to be higher than normal fans, while power consumption at lower speeds will see drastic drop in power consumption. Another flipside would be the introduction of harmonics into the power system due to the use of VFD s which can damage other sensitive elects products connected at home. It willbe good Iif they could come clean on the technology front.
All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on....
kraghum

Post by kraghum »

good questions "parkom". since i was not aware of thie device on technology front posted it on their website, waiting for an answer from them.

http://superfan.in/comments.php
kraghum

Post by kraghum »

Reply from Super fan on question above

Code: Select all

Dear Sir

Thank you for using and encouraging Superfan.

Superfan uses a super-efficient permanent magnet brushless DC motor and an electronic drive hence the high efficiency. Superfan also has an active power factor correction for reducing the harmonics. You can see that Superfan has a power factor of better than 0.9 for speeds above 2. Typically the harmonic currents flow into the neutral and could affect distribution transformers in the locality if they are high. If there are radiated emissions from the VFD or drive then disturbances might occur in the audio devices close by. 

These concerns raise when the load is high as in the case of inverter based air conditioners which consume in the order of several amperes of current. But Superfan consumes a couple of hundred milliamperes, therefore the effect is minimal.

Hope this clarifies your query. Please feel free to ask if you have further questions.

warm regards,
Superfan Team,
www.superfan.in
Mobile:  +91-94890 78737; T: 1800 425 78737.

Return to “Interiors”