Home interior work advice

Chida_gs

Re: Home interior work advice

Post by Chida_gs »

Hi Raju,

That carpenter is charging highly, Just forget him and look for other Carpenter. If you bargain again and show him the other Quotes. He might agree to reduce for some amount. But he will not justice to his work. He will put less experienced Guys to finish your interior work.

Did you saw his other finished works, how his quality and finishing. If his work his really great you can work out to him else don't allow him to do the work.

I suggest don't go with him, It may delay some days but you will have peace of mind later. There are lot of Carpenters available which has been given references in this Thread itself, please check with them.
raju2013

Post by raju2013 »

Thanks a lot chida_gs,pribaaji,bhr2009,nabikm,biddappa_c_b for your suggestions.

I will work on finding alternatives.

Regards,
Raju
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi,
You are looking for carpenter in which area ?Currently one of the carpenter who worked in my previous design project is looking for work.If you want i can refer him.He is sensible and reasonable .You can get in touch with me ,i don't share numbers because of forum rules.

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.ardesarchitects.com
https://www.facebook.com/ardes.architects
pachik

Post by pachik »

Hi Praveen,

I am currently looking for a good carpenter to do my interiors. Currently the flooring is going on and the painters have finished applying the wall putty. I have also got the interior designs done. Is the carpenter skilled? Please PM me his contact number to me. I will check out few of his completed projects.

Thanks,
Prashant
PJ20

Post by PJ20 »

There's this company called Interspace, Kormangala i think , they are amazing.
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

One of my friend is running a interior service work for Residential & also for offices & have their factory at Sunkadakatte on Magadi Road. Prices are very competitive. You can take a Quote and compare the same with conventional wood work in terms of labor charges, material prices, effort to be invested.. etc and then take a decision.

Either one can choose from their available range of designs or provide your own design. They give different options in terms of materials based on your budget.
Advantage is, they provide customized designs as per your ideas and they take care of everything from arranging the raw materials to the door delivery and installation
at your site. As they do all wood work using high tech machines(No manual work involved), finishing will be superb. No need not to worry about hunting for reliable carpenters or material supply or monitoring those carpenters or misuse of materials, shortage/surplus material...etc

If anyone interested, please 'PM' me for their contact details.
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

One of my friend is running a interior service work for Residential & also for offices & have their factory at Sunkadakatte on Magadi Road. Prices are very competitive. You can take a Quote and compare the same with conventional wood work in terms of labor charges, material prices, effort to be invested.. etc and then take a decision.

Either one can choose from their available range of designs or provide your own design. They give different options in terms of materials based on your budget.
Advantage is, they provide customized designs as per your ideas and they take care of everything from arranging the raw materials to the door delivery and installation
at your site. As they do all wood work using high tech machines(No manual work involved), finishing will be superb. No need not to worry about hunting for reliable carpenters or material supply or monitoring those carpenters or misuse of materials, shortage/surplus material...etc

If anyone interested, please 'PM' me for their contact details.
sanjeevj

Post by sanjeevj »

ardesarchitects wrote:Hi krishna
Your calculation is correct ,it is taken in running feet multiplied with agreed per sft panel rate.
8+8+4+4 = 24rft x per sft price

Regards
Ar.praveen.n
Ardesarchitects and interior designers
http://www.ardesarchitects.com
https://www.facebook.com/ardes.architects
>>> Hi Praveen,

I am perplexed. One is perimeter and the other is the area of rectangle. If the rate is quoted per sft and not rft, should'nt we take the area and not the perimeter. I am currently doing interior and I have the same question.

Regards
--Sanjeev
bhr2009

Post by bhr2009 »

Hi sanjeev

If I can comment on that,

I think that calculation is only for panelling work and rate qouted is per running feet.

Regards
blorebuddy

Post by blorebuddy »

ardesarchitects wrote:Hi blrbuddy,
Don't get confused .The difference in the full contract and labor contract is savings at the cost of your time .Quality / design will remain same if you compare similar category of persons involved in the work.
Compare A - grade carpenter with A - grade contractor to evaluate the cost difference between labor and contract + add your personal time cost + wastage + logistics costs .

Good luck

Regards,
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior Designers
http://www.ardesarchitects.com
Folks
Finally I ventured in doing interiors on labour contract after lot of discussions (in this forum and outside) with the same Carpenter whom i have got both Material and labour contract. My experience is as follows
Pros
1. With the labor contract I have made changes to the design as things progresses as we get more ideas after design would have done/finalized
2. I have bought what has been told as good quality materials (branded item) of my choice and it has been used
3. cost saving for the overall work

Cons
1. Personal time and energy. You need to plan to dedicate your Saturday and also at least half a day over the week for purchasing material
2. If you are staying away from where interior is happening then you will end up spending more time
3. You need to plan to deal with multiple people 1. Carpenter, 2. Electrician 3. Granite guy and you will be responsible for coordinating

Also I think involving a Interior Designer would have resulted in more cost and also better design/work

Return to “Interiors”