Electrical wire selection

jali

Electrical wire selection

Post by jali »

I am in the process of selecting electrical wires and switches. After some checking I have shortlisted Havells. However Havells have two brands - HAVELLS and another subsidiary called STANDARD. Though for the wires MRP is same for both there is 3% difference in discount (HAVELLS - 54% and STANDARD - 57% for 180mtr coils). For the overall wiring the difference in cost would be about Rs.10 Thousand only. Representatives claim that both brands use same copper and very very minor difference in PVC covering and most builders/apartments use STANDARD brand. My question is whether to go for better known brand (HAVELLS) and spend 10K more or go for lesser known brand (STANDARD) and save money.

If anyone has experience of using STANDARD brand please let me know as soon as possible, I need to procure the material in 1-2 days.

Many thanks for your reply.
bala4034

Re: Electrical wire selection

Post by bala4034 »

Can you please share what is the price for the 180 meter coils also where you buy?
jali

Re: Electrical wire selection

Post by jali »

Hi, Sorry for the delay, had not checked the post. Finally I purchased STANDARD brand with 57% discount for 180 mtr coils (price varies for various sizes). Funnily the MRP printed on the coils was higher than the MRP listed in the company website & the dealer had the same list as the website.

I was mainly dealing through the company sales person who recommended Havells Galaxy store -D P Enterprises in Ulsoor (address and contact no are in havells website)
purchased it with bill as wanted genuine item/ guarantee.

Yet to buy switches - debating between Havells and Legrand!

Return to “Interiors”