bathroom layout

pribaaji

bathroom layout

Post by pribaaji »

Hello everybody,

Could you kindly give some inputs on the bathroom layout that i have planned for my house.Wanted to make sure if this is the best utilisation of the space.I am attaching the layout for your reference. Kindly give me your suggestions.

Regards,
Balaji.
Attachments
bathroom layout
bathroom layout
20140612_101351-1.jpg (715.75 KiB) Viewed 8908 times
nagzzz

Re: bathroom layout

Post by nagzzz »

why not wall mounted WC since you are looking at best utilization of Space?
pribaaji

Post by pribaaji »

hi nagzzz,
since its mostly for rental purpose, dont want to splurge money on the premium fittings.
aries31

Post by aries31 »

I think you should locate the shower to the opposite end (from the door) and move the EWC where the shower is, since, shower area may be wet for longer times and you don't want to cross over to use EWC.

I have a similar bathroom but 9'x5' . I have placed the showerhead, WC and basin in one straight line. There is about 3' clear walking space. (even a wheel chair can roll smoothly all along).

From my experience, 8'x5' is good enough.
venkatm

Post by venkatm »

Aries31's advice is good. I have followed the same principle in my bathrooms as well. Keep the WC between the basin and the shower. You can put a small separator to keep the non shower area dry as well. You will need 2 drains on both sides of the separator.
pribaaji

Post by pribaaji »

i had exactly planned to have all the 3 in the same line as you said aries31 and venkatm.but my wife is bent upon having the ewc north facing.thats why all these confusions.... :(
rkrishna

Post by rkrishna »

If you follow Vastu, EWC should be south facing
pribaaji

Post by pribaaji »

i guess then will use this point and try to convince her to have the ewc between the washbasin and shower.i guess usage wise this is the best option and we cannot follow vasthu 100%.we have followed it in the house plan...i guess these things can be compromised for usage.
rkrishna

Post by rkrishna »

Vastu is a belief system and the choice to follow or not is completely personal.

My apartment has 8 X 5 toilets and all three in a row configuration. Definitely helps avoid walking through wet area to access EWC.

That said, if you want to follow vastu, then the configuration that you have is the best. (EWC is south facing in that). One will need to walk through wet area to get t commode.

If this is for rental purposes, do any of the above matter?
pribaaji

Post by pribaaji »

thank you for the insight into this @rkrishna, will take a decision on this

Return to “Interiors”