URGENT: Wooden Slab Vs Concrete Slab

coolmesh84

URGENT: Wooden Slab Vs Concrete Slab

Post by coolmesh84 »

Remember the old houses of bangalore where in both the bedrooms we can find concrete slabs. Now that has disappeared.

Now I'm confused what do in my flat. SHould I go for concrete slab and wood work on top of it or all wooden slab and wood work.

Can somebody point out pros and cons of both?

Thanks.
Kiran Kumar K

Re: URGENT: Wooden Slab Vs Concrete Slab

Post by Kiran Kumar K »

Hi, this words are not mine, this is a copy of Ar.Praveen.N

making concrete loft will save money for loft if you are not planning for a box wardrobe below it , otherwise why do you need a RCC loft when the box wardrobe top will be loft base by default.
Pros of RCC loft
1.Save cost of loft of you don't make a box type wardrobe
2.You have a wider spans with out any support in the bottom
3.Till you plan for proper interiors you still have space to store scrap items

Cons of RCC loft
1.RCC loft are never casted to water tube level,you will realize all that when the carpenter shows you while doing wood work
2.Ht of loft will reduce by 6" ,since the RCC is 6" deep after plastering and leveling
3.Floor good interior looks you need to do the panneling from bottom of loft in kitchen ,which is costlier than making a direct wooden loft
4.The entire wardrobe depth is defined by RCC loft ,so you cannot go back on your wardrobe location or depth or design
5.Light pelmet is not possible
6.Bottom wardrobe and top loft will have one or other alignment issues for sure
7.The design will be stereo type where in wardrobe is smaller in width than loft ,you cannot except any wonder interior in this formar.

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior Designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
http://www.ardesarchitects.com
inamur.k

Post by inamur.k »

coolmesh84 wrote:Remember the old houses of bangalore where in both the bedrooms we can find concrete slabs. Now that has disappeared.

Now I'm confused what do in my flat. SHould I go for concrete slab and wood work on top of it or all wooden slab and wood work.

Can somebody point out pros and cons of both?

Thanks.
Go for box type Wardrobes for better look and feel and to avoid patch work of wood after completion
the RCC Slab will not be uniform through out the line
ravivasudeva

Post by ravivasudeva »

One more point which is in favor of RCC loft is that it allows us to store heavy items which we can't do on a wooden base.
I am going for RCC loft for my house especially for rental units.

Return to “Interiors”