Interior work – Need suggestions.

Venkat1111

Interior work – Need suggestions.

Post by Venkat1111 »

Hi All,

I am planning to do interior work for my 2BHK flat and the below is the proposal given by the carpenter.
Could someone please suggest if the cost and specification are as per the market or am I being highly charged .
Need your help as I am very new this field and wants to make a right choice.

For kitchen – Green Gold – 1100 /- per sqft
Specifications
To be structured by 19mm ISI branded Green ply (Green Gold) Termite proof, boiling water proof with frame work, horizontal and verticals to accommodate pullout baskets, spice rack, corner carousel and other utility gadgets. Shutters to be hinged over by German / Italian make hinges (spring loaded box type hinges) and handles to be burst steel. All open edges to be lipped with PVC Tape. Outer portion to be 8.0 mm or 1.0 mm thick laminated (ISI branded laminate).While inner wooden portion White Laminate.

For Bedroom and TV Unit – AK Ply – 950 /- per sqft
Specifications
To be structured by ISI branded 19mm branded AK Ply block board ply which is termite proof and moisture resistant grade. The cabinet to be a six sided structure whose outer portion to be with 0.8 mm or 1.0 mm thick laminated ISI branded) and inner wooden portion White Laminated, for Fixtures to constitute Box hinges with S.S. Pin, hanger rods, MP lock for drawers, cupboard lock, brass tower bolts, and magnetic catchers and burst steel handles. All edges to be lipped with PVC Tape.

Could someone suggest me if this is good deal as the carpenter came up with this quotation after bargaining and says it’s the final price.
Please let me know if there are any more details that I need to gather more information.

Any suggestion at this point will be more helpful for me to take a better decision. I appreciate your help in advance.
sunildn

Re: Interior work – Need suggestions.

Post by sunildn »

Hi Venkat,

For Kitchen Rs.1100 with Green Gold is very good price. In the same forum you can see people are quoting Rs. 1400-1600 for Green, Century or Archidply. Wardrobe rate also seems to be fine as people quote 1000-1050 for Green, Century or Archidply MR grade.
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi ,
The prices quoted by carpenter are for sure less than minimum cut off market standards .I would suggest go with him but with utmost care ,since the basic cost analysis for a kitchen carcass with green BWP ply will be 1200/- per sft cosidering wastages and no compromise in workmanship .
Does the carpenter preparing all the wood work on site or factory ? I suggest if he is doing in factory inspect before he stuck the laminate on tho the ply to confirm it Green ply.

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior Designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.ardesarchitects.com
www.facebook.com/ardes.architects
tendlu

Post by tendlu »

if the costing is rs. 1200 for greenply, what would it be for a brand like kitply?
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi,
1200/- to 1250/- is cost analysis which means the actual cost ( material + labour + wastage + hardware + glue - handles ) .As per civil code contractors are allowed to add 15% to 20% margin + price risk on the actual cost analysis + .
Kitply swastik cost analysis will be 1050 to 1100 /-

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior Designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.ardesarchitects.com
www.facebook.com/ardes.architects

Return to “Interiors”