Wooden flooring for Bedrooms

msananthu

Wooden flooring for Bedrooms

Post by msananthu »

Hi All,

Searched this forum for wooden flooring and feel not much is discussed on vendors / price / durability. correct me here with any link which might have missed my attention.

I am looking for wooden flooring for bedrooms and happened to visit one such shop in JP Nagar called Exotic flooring. Here they deal with imported flooring options from Histep or Canquest. They have 3 different options
1. Solid wood
2. Engineered wood
3. Laminates

Solid wood is expensive ranging from 250-700 /sft while laminates are cheaper option ranging from 85 onwards. Solid wood is available in different woods red oak, white oak , bamboo, maple spruce and so on. and laminates have about 200 options while few are only available as such in the store. Warranty provided is between 10 years - 35 years depending on what is bought. The warranty is for the colour fading & interlocking.

People who have wooden flooring options in the recent past, could you share about your experience using it, vendors and also the prices. I guess wooden flooring could be a better option in lieu of vitrified tiles. Any experience sharing would be helpful.

Regards
Anantha
msananthu

Re: Wooden flooring for Bedrooms

Post by msananthu »

This feedback is available in Team-BHP forum. Answer credit is to that forum

I have wooden flooring (Laminated) in the complete area of my apartment (except the balcony) for the last 2.5 years now in Bangalore. Here is my feedback:

1. VERY easy to install and one can start using the room/area almost immediately.

2. Can be removed and taken with you to your next house

3. can be laid on existing floors and no need of any preparation etc. (just needs the dampner that the install person would bring). You would also need the 'beading' and comes in various varieties. Budget for that. It can be quite expensive :-)

4. Very easy to maintain. Vacuum is good enough and our maid soes mopping with a damp cloth every day (only water -- no domex etc..).

5. In high traffic areas (living/dining/drawing/kitchen room) you would see foot marks in the day as people walk (especially, if you have light coming in that shows these marks in great detail :-) ). But these marks go off next day during mopping

6. I have had to fix cork bits on the legs of all my furniture/sofa, tables,bed, almirah, etc etc. This heps prevent scratches while moving the furniture around. Also, very heavy furniture is kept on top of small carpets.

7. No chipping/fading till now.

8. No issues if water/food etc falls down. Just mop and it is back to normal.

9. If you go for the 'non smooth' pattern (which has rough lines on top), then be prepared for dust/grime to settle in over time -- but not something to worry about. Regular cleaning will prevent this also.
nagzzz

Re: Wooden flooring for Bedrooms

Post by nagzzz »

Pretty interesting post this. Thanks for sharing this information!

So you just used laminates on top of the existing flooring? thats it? i was looking for a wooden flooring option for my courtyard. Can you please share a couple of pictures? and the costing for the flooring? Thanks.

Return to “Interiors”