Need info on cost of UPVC and double glazed windows

omshri

Need info on cost of UPVC and double glazed windows

Post by omshri »

I am looking to use double glazed windows for closing up my balconies. But I am trying to strike a balance b/w good quality and cost effectiveness.
If anyone has done it for their house and is satisfied with the quality, can you please share what was your rate per square feet.
And also if you have references of company/person who did it for you. Thank you.
ardesarchitects

Re: Need info on cost of UPVC and double glazed windows

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi ,Omshri
Why do you need a double glazed for balcony ,if you are looking for noise reduction, a good upvc window itself can give you 80 - 85% noise reduction and if you use a good brand it could be even 90% noise reduction .
In general upvc costing is always larger the size less the per sft price .on average 650-750 per sft for brands like LG / Rehau and the same in fenesta could be 950-1000 /- per sft or more.

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior Designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
http://www.ardesarchitects.com
https://www.facebook.com/ardes.architects
omshri

Post by omshri »

Thank you for your reply.
Yes we are rethinking if we really need double glaze.
I got a person in Jayanagar who quotes 350-375psft for UPVC with 5 mm glass. Does that look ok? He says they use Yashpoly. Can you please let me know your opinion?
omshri

Post by omshri »

Thank you for your reply.
I got a person in Jayanagar who quotes 350-375psft for UPVC with 5 mm glass. Does that look ok? He says they use Yashpoly. Can you please let me know your opinion?
mantu_bangalore

Post by mantu_bangalore »

Hai,

Why you move to dg glass..? your windows is fixed so you can move to dg glass,, otherwise you can move to 6mm or 8mm toughend glass,and its cost wise good, 80% to 90% sound will deduction,
ravivasudeva

Post by ravivasudeva »

I doubt UPVC can come in that price cost...thats the range for aluminium windows and if someone is promising you quality UPVC with that range, you are very lucky :)
kumark2k

Post by kumark2k »

Ain't aluminum windows costlier than UPVC?
iamveer

Post by iamveer »

How is KASSA UPVC windows ? (www.kassaent.com/) has anyone tried them ?
They are importing the profiles directly from an Korean Company called KOS (www.kos.co.kr) including the fittings. Rates are very competitive compared to German brands.
Have seen it installed at some of the apartments in Bangalore. Similar to other brands, they provide complete steel reinforcement inside the profile and provide standard 10 years warranty.
They have factory at Sriperumbadur, Chennai, where they cut and assemble the profile as per actual measurement before shipping to customers.

I have shortlisted them for my house windows/french windows & doors. Price range starts from 450/ sqft on Avg

Any reviews or feedback ?
ramji14

Post by ramji14 »

Could some one pls help us with reviews on KASSA brand.
http://www.mybdasites.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=7746
bloremanager

Post by bloremanager »

omshri wrote:Thank you for your reply.
For our office room, We got Jindal Aluminium windows with 5 mm toughened glass with SS anti-insect track for 260/sq.ft

Return to “Interiors”