Need Information on cost of granite and laying charges....

tharun

Need Information on cost of granite and laying charges....

Post by tharun »

Hi guys i need information on price of granite's and laying cost.And also
please suggest a good labor for the laying along with his mobile number......

Thanks in advance...
sabarishm

Re: Need Information on cost of granite and laying charges..

Post by sabarishm »

Hello Tharun,

I recently bought granite for our house from Jigani. There are granites from 80psft to 600psft and more in Jigani. We spend two full days searching and one full day measuring/inspecting and delivery to my construction site.

The granite (i don't know the name of it), a black and white combo with slight pink accent here and there costed me around 110psft (quoted price was 130) for a quantity of 2400sqft. I bought the ~130x40 inch slabs (I hope the measurements are right, from my memory). Transportation cost for me was around 4.5 and loading and unloading costed me around 7k. There will be additional tax also on the purchase which varies.

My engineer told me that the laying cost would be 25/sft and the grinding/moulding (something about rounding off the skirts) would cost 40/sft additional.

Also search the forum and you will find way more details from other discussions on granite and they way to choose, inspect etc.

Good luck.

Regards,
Sabarish
pvn

Post by pvn »

Hi Sabarish,

Would it be possible to provide some contacts from whom you bought this and pictures?

regards
sabarishm

Post by sabarishm »

We bought it from a shop whose name ends with "mani". I cant recollect the exact name. I will let you know after checking the bill at home. I will post the photo also later today.
karjagir

Post by karjagir »

Hi Tharun,

Cost of granites can vary depending on the design and also the size (mainly height of the slab).

I bought granites in Jigani from Ridhi Sidhi Granites. Most of my designs were 4 feet tall except one which was 5 feet tall

4 feet slabs start at about Rs. 120-130 and 5 feet slabs at about 150 or so. Most 3 feet slabs start at 80 per sft. I went for 4ft and 5ft since if you have large rooms, the number of joints in 3ft slabs will be more and the floor may not look that smooth

Taxes, transport and loading/unloading is all extra.

Most gangsaw slabs (7ft or so in height) start at Rs. 200 upwards. Loading / unloading charges are higher for gangsaw slabs as well

We bought the below granites

a) Brown sparkle – Rs 122++ per sft
b) Bash Paradiso – Rs 140++ per sft
c) Something they called Velvet granite – Rs 122++ per sft
d) Black galaxy for the kitchen slab – Rs 160++ per sft
e) A beige colored granite for the puja room – Rs 130++ per sft

Below are the labour quotes I paid. These rates were arrived after fairly hard negotiations and all depends on your negotiation skills

Laying – 20 per sft (will be about 25 per sft for gangsaw slabs)
Skirting – 20 per sft
Half nosing – 25 per sft
Full nosing – 40 per sft
40mm bull nosing – 50 per sft (market rates are higher)
Cutting grooves on steps to avoid slipping – 15 per sft
Wall cladding (if you want to use granite for walls like puja room etc) – 45 per sft
Cutting grooves and fixing glass for the puja room – Rs 50 per sft

For staircases, we got 40mm nosing done for the edges. Instead of paying laying, nosing etc. separately, we negotiated a flat 400 rupees per step since that will make your calculation easier

Hope this helps

Karthik
sabarishm

Post by sabarishm »

I bought it from a shop called Ratnamani. The granite image is attached. Everyone else other than me and my wife disliked this color/pattern/style. But we somehow liked it, hence went for this color/pattern against everyone else's advice :)
Attachments
image1_resize.jpg
image1_resize.jpg (760.92 KiB) Viewed 17258 times
pvn

Post by pvn »

Hi Sabrish, Thanks for sharing the details and pics. Personally I like these. I guess with so many patters - inconsistency would be high, hence all folks might not like it..

regards.
hegde19

Post by hegde19 »

@Karthik, 20rs for laying includes meterials or only labor cost? (when I say materials, I mean the sand/cement etc which they use below flooring)

My contract says 325rs/sqft which includes laying along with all involved meterials/cutting etc with 250rs/sqft granite.

-Santosh
hegde19

Post by hegde19 »

We are planning to visit Jigani for buying granites, can some one refer good place for buying gang saw ones?
karjagir

Post by karjagir »

Santosh,

20rs includes only the labor. In my case, I am supplying all materials myself (sand, cement etc) and given only labor contracts for everything.

325 Rs seems a bit high if they use a granite of 250 Rs per sqft. Also, please ensure that they are using good quality granite which actually costs 250 per sft since lot of people tend to cheat. You can try and negotiate further if you can for the price

For e.g. I saw gangsaw planks for even 170 Rs but they had lot of cracks and damages which will result in a sub-standard floor with a very high cost

I found MR granites in Jigani to be good for gangsaw planks

Karthik

Return to “Interiors”