2016 Carpenters Labour Rates or interior rates

ABN

Re: 2016 Carpenters Labour Rates or interior rates

Post by ABN »

Hi Friends,

I got the quotation form "ID SPACE by HAFFLE". I am attaching quotation for modular kitchen and wardrobe. Also I have attached the Floor plan. Could you review the quotation.

L shaped kitchen - Length of L shape is 12ft.
Total 3 wardrobe - 2 wardrobe of 8ft height x 8ft width, 2ft X 8ft loft, 1 wardrobe of 7ft height x 9ft width, 3ft x9ft loft

with Regards,
Ashwath B N
Revised_Plan_Narasimha_Murthy_FF.pdf
(557.44 KiB) Downloaded 1082 times
ID_space_QUOTE - Ashwath's Residence - 22-05-2017.pdf
(50.63 KiB) Downloaded 1095 times
Naveenraj123

Post by Naveenraj123 »

Mr Ashwath

The quote is extremely high, 1 L shaped kitchen and 2 wardrobes with loft should not cost you more than 3 lakhs with good quality materials
sreedhara_bj

Post by sreedhara_bj »

But he is putting Hafele material everywhere including baskets. So I would not say quotation is extremely high. But anyway you can negotiate further. To reduce the cost, you may consider mixing Hafele with some less priced brands, for eg: hinges/handlers/soft closing pullouts by Hafele, and other baskets by some other brands.
ABN

Post by ABN »

Thanks Sreedhara, Naveenraj for the feedback.

As I mentioned earlier "ID SPACE by HAFELE", they only use Hafele brand materials only. I am considering to go for Modular kitchen with them, rest wardrobe and tv unit by good carpenter, since the price is higher side.
Is the quotation for Modular kitchen is OK. Which part I can reduce the price(like is the accessories prices for HAFELE is OK) or negotiate further.

Any further inputs from other group members?

with Regards,
Ashwath B N
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

ABN

Firstly you need to decide, whether you need Hafele only. Hafele & Blum are considered premium ones & offer many more options & also expensive than Hettich.

Generally for branded ones, you don't have much options for bargaining that too for a 2 BHK house requirement.

They are not mentioning the grade & Thickness of the Ply, and also for the laminates.
Say, There is a considerable difference in the price between 16 mm vs 18 mm Ply, 0.8mm vs 1.0mm Laminates & also
based on the brand( Leader vs Century vs Green...etc).

You can also get the quote for the same/similar design quote by other modular kitchen vendors to know the pulse of the market.
ABN

Post by ABN »

Thanks MSN,

@MSM- Actually, I liked their work, hence wanted to consider them for my Modular kitchen. coming to the Ply for kitchen and wardrobe, their not using Indian brand, since earlier they were using Greenply, they had a issue with supply and in the bulk quantity order for ply, vendor use to mix duplicate greeply. Hence they stopped sourcing the greenply. Now they are importing from Indonesia.

Need to check with them, which imported brand they are using and also other details you have mentioned. Once, I have the details, i'll update the thread

Is the quotation for Modular kitchen is OK with HAFELE brand. Which part I can reduce the price(like is the accessories prices for HAFELE is OK) or negotiate further.

It's duplex house with 4BHK, planing for 3 wardrobe and TV unit. For wardrobe and tv unit work, wanted to go with good carpenter.

Coming to other vendor - I have checked with TILI kitchens and The woods.

ID SPACE by Hafele - 1.7lacs
TILI kitchens - 1.91 lacs
The woods - 1.6 lacs
Above all three are laminate finish.

TILI Kitchens - They are not ready to give the breakup, only the lumpsum amount in the quotation. It's 20k more compared to ID SPACE by Hafele. They are just telling accessories will be Hafele and hardware from Hettich(hinges etc)
The woods - Their price is also little less(i.e. 10k less) then ID SPACE by Hafele. They using ARISTO brand accessories.

with Regards,
Ashwath B N
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi,
Few things to check
1.Total sft for carcass (1+2+4) is 50 sft but laminated shutter sft is 54 sft , how did additional 4 sft come?
2.Tandom box front and bottom is not generally added extra since you are already paying 1750/- per sft that too for imported ply ( most times its chinese ply, eurpoean market doesnt use or produce ply at all) .
3. Handles cost is extra that should have been included in the total cost unless you upgraded ?
4. Skirting & legs cost added separate that means your box effective sft billing area should be after deducting skirting - cross check for the same .
5. All the accessories comes with 30% discount , check if they are discounted prices
6. Installation cost is 32500/- making your effective cost of per sft increase by 80/- per sft over all there by
Kitchen @ 1830/- , wardrobe@1520/- is your effective cost and i feel this is on higher side comparing the specs he is qutoing.

Reducing specs and making quote is not a interesting deal, if they couldn't control greenply indian company guys, how can we expect them controlling imported ply quality from Indonesia or china :).

Most modular kitchen guys use haffle and hettich for branding but its the carcass, laminate, workmanship matters more.

All the best for your interior works.

Regards ,
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/ardes.architects
http://www.ardesarchitects.com
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

I second with Praveen's opinion.

Firstly, there is not much difference in terms of price between Hettich & Hafele. In some cases, hettich is costlier than Hafele.

You must also need to give equal or more importance for the ply & the laminates. In the name of Imported brand, if they use
anything similar to 'MDF" Quality ply, then its not worth. Even in my office furniture's also they use Imported Indonesian 25mm
MDF boards for all the workstation tables & the Storage cupboards. Imported doesn't mean, that's the best material available in the world.
Once the board is sandwiched between the laminates, you will not be able to verify the grade, type & quality of the board, unless
you make a destructive test. also the genuine or duplicate board depends solely on the relationship & the experience between the
ply dealer and the buyer.

As per their quote, you may end up with almost like 6.5 to 7 lakhs for this work, which is at the higher end. Why don't you check out
for an Alternate option, with a factory made Modular kitchen service provider for the same specification with Hafele accessories as per
your choice ??. Their finishing will also be of same level, prices will be reasonable & includes installation charges.

Also better to speed up your work, as GST is going to roll out from July, Tax rate may increase to 18% from the current 14.5%.
ABN

Post by ABN »

Praveen and MSN thanks for the inputs.

Friday, I am planning to go ID Space office and discuss with them. Get more details about ply and other things.

Update the thread once i have more details.

with Regards,
Ashwath B N
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

Hi Ashwath

Please share if Any progress in your task ?
able to get all the break up details from ID Space & bargained on the quoted price ?

or planned for alternate options.?

Return to “Interiors”