2016 Carpenters Labour Rates or interior rates

mahesh2780

2016 Carpenters Labour Rates or interior rates

Post by mahesh2780 »

Guys,

I need your expertise advice as i need to finalise on Carpenter for interiors work

Here is rate what i am intending to finalise, rate is bit on higher side coz he is experienced and done lot of architects projects.

Wardrobe 190 to 200
Cot 190 to 200
Loft 140 to 150
Kitchen 225
Panelling 50
Officectable 190 to 200
Ledge or raptor 130 to 140

Please Advise

Regards
Mahesh
msn1270

Re: 2016 Carpenters Labour Rates or interior rates

Post by msn1270 »

Hi Mahesh

I assume this is the ONLY labor charges for the manual carpentry works to be done at your site & the materials will be supplied by you.

some of the works mentioned by you in the range of Rs. 190-200 can be done at around Rs. 180 or even lesser depending on the volume
of work. Same way you can estimate difference for the rest of the activities.

While going for manual carpentry work, you need to concern the factors like is the prolonged time line of 2 months or more, utilization of your space
and commercial power without any accountability, Inconsistency and the finishing along with the effort invested by you for material supply. Moreover
you cannot monitor them 24X7, which gives them enough advantage. Also, nowadays many carpenters cultured the habit of taking commission of some %
from the HW shops from where the owner buy the materials.
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi ,Mahesh
I doubt if he will finish his work on time with the accepted rates . we pay our carpenters
230 -- 250 /- per sft for wardrobe
250 --280 /- per sft for kitchen based on the complication of design involved .
I am commenting only based on his workmanship quality at par with premium finishing quality ( architects quality ).Carpenters taking cut from hardware/ply shop is very common and unavoidable .You need to be careful not to be carried away by what ever material and quantity he suggest is best.

I suggest if you are happy with his workmanship ask him to use the same team used in other project (if possible ask the previous owners), never pay advances at any cost .If he is willing to work let him other wise look for others .
Ask for the break up of payments ,dont carried away by every week Saturday labor payments. if he is particular about it, take the clear prices of per day mason & helper cost and also ask him who is mason and who is helper very clearly at the beginning.
In general carpenters working with architects expect all the design details a head of work ,so get your design and laminate/ venner selections all done before he start your work.

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/ardes.architects
http://www.ardesarchitects.com
mahesh2780

Post by mahesh2780 »

msn1270 wrote:Hi Mahesh

I assume this is the ONLY labor charges for the manual carpentry works to be done at your site & the materials will be supplied by you.

some of the works mentioned by you in the range of Rs. 190-200 can be done at around Rs. 180 or even lesser depending on the volume
of work. Same way you can estimate difference for the rest of the activities.

While going for manual carpentry work, you need to concern the factors like is the prolonged time line of 2 months or more, utilization of your space
and commercial power without any accountability, Inconsistency and the finishing along with the effort invested by you for material supply. Moreover
you cannot monitor them 24X7, which gives them enough advantage. Also, nowadays many carpenters cultured the habit of taking commission of some %
from the HW shops from where the owner buy the materials.
Hi
Completely agree with you in terms of quality and consistency you can't expect factory finish.

The rates are pretty reasonable considering praveen's comments.

Commission yes i agree with you

Thanks for your suggestions
mahesh2780

Post by mahesh2780 »

Thanks Praveen for your valuable feedback
Yes Rates are reasonable considering the Carpenter has worked with our architect.
I visited his 3 previous work, owners were happy with his work and also i liked his work. One of previous owner was mentioning about 4 special Carpenters he has. I am intending to ask for same team.
Payment wise he was talking about weekly basis, which i have to agree. He told they work 12 hours a day and 7 days a week. Need to work on this based on your suggestions
ardesarchitects wrote:Hi ,Mahesh
I doubt if he will finish his work on time with the accepted rates . we pay our carpenters
230 -- 250 /- per sft for wardrobe
250 --280 /- per sft for kitchen based on the complication of design involved .
I am commenting only based on his workmanship quality at par with premium finishing quality ( architects quality ).Carpenters taking cut from hardware/ply shop is very common and unavoidable .You need to be careful not to be carried away by what ever material and quantity he suggest is best.

I suggest if you are happy with his workmanship ask him to use the same team used in other project (if possible ask the previous owners), never pay advances at any cost .If he is willing to work let him other wise look for others .
Ask for the break up of payments ,dont carried away by every week Saturday labor payments. if he is particular about it, take the clear prices of per day mason & helper cost and also ask him who is mason and who is helper very clearly at the beginning.
In general carpenters working with architects expect all the design details a head of work ,so get your design and laminate/ venner selections all done before he start your work.

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/ardes.architects
http://www.ardesarchitects.com
sunildn

Post by sunildn »

Hi Mahesh,

As mentioned by Praveen, the rates looks very reasonable. If you have seen their workmanship, then it's good. Coz, a year back itself I had paid about Rs.220 for wardrobe & cot, 230 for Kitchen, 145 for loft, 150 for 4" paneling and 250 for dressing/TV unit/ study table. Though I thought it was bit higher side, the quality of work was very good. Since you are giving labor contract, you need to spend more time in selecting/procuring required materials which drives you crazy. If you have interest, then ok. I had lot of interest and had completely involved in purchasing materials. Every weekend I used to roam like anything in searching for quality materials/options. It may prolong a bit, but its worth as you are getting what you want.

Regards,
NKNewFlat

Post by NKNewFlat »

Hi Group Members and Admins,

I am looking for Good Carpenters to work on complete woodwork interiors for my Apartment.
Hence can you please suggest me Good Carpenters and their rates per sq ft?

Thanks,
biddappa_c_b

Post by biddappa_c_b »

Hi NKNEWFLAT,

I had got woodwork (Wardrobes, bathroom cabinets, misc, bedside tables etc. ) done fro ma carpenter. He is very good. I had also written a review about him in this forum, if you search for Munna sharma or my posts(biddappa) http://www.mybdasites.com/viewtopic.php ... nna#p37152

Rates varies from 230 to 280 based on what specifications you need. What you need is a reliable person which is very important. Dur to the reference I gave , one person in this group has benefited, he has referred another person, so that's a chain reaction. If you want materials I also have reference of a good guy, very reliable guy. I can share that also. Pleas note I am only doing this to help this group.

Do let me know if you require additional information
Thanks
-Biddappa
NKNewFlat

Post by NKNewFlat »

Thanks biddappa_c_b , I will check..
satyabnv

Post by satyabnv »

Hi Biddappa, My house is getting ready and I Plan to source materials of my own for the interiors. Can you give me the reference of the material supplier whom you said reliable.

Thanks
Satya

Return to “Interiors”