Secure sliding patio door

tamya

Secure sliding patio door

Post by tamya »

I have booked a flat in ground floor, Which is having the sliding glass doors in Bed Rooms balcony and Private Garden area.
My plans are to have metal grill with flower designs at bedrooms.
But for door opening garden (patio) I don't want put a gate or metal grill all over my garden area.

What options can I have to secure the apt from patio.
Note: Security is there in apt but for my safety sake want to do this.

Any insights are appreciated.

What I found, Will that work here
http://www.ehow.com/how_5189191_secure- ... -door.html
ardesarchitects

Re: Secure sliding patio door

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi,
Patio security is one critical thing in design.You can plan for a sliding security grill to the patio door ,but the details to fix it should be very careful.
Since all apartments gives upvc sliding doors ,security grill to fix on it is not possible.
The option mention in the link can be possible but by a professional.The other options can be suggested only after looking at the space.If the garden space is your private area we can also look at securing the whole space with grills .

grill security can be made so simple that will not object your view to garden and also goes well with your interiors.

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior Designs
ardesarchitects@yahoo.co.in
tamya

Post by tamya »

Thanks! Praveen.

Our Apt is on ground floor and garden area is private area.
I don't want cover entire area with grills (Normally what you find surrounding most houses like caged in sq metal grids) but it should be secure to prevent entry yet not cluttered to look.
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi,
The garden area can be secured with decent grills rather than cheap looking square grills.You can go with simple circular rods at every 1' and support it with rectangular box sections. painting it in light sky blue color,it will merge with sky color most of the time.This way it won't look cluttered.

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior Designs
ardesarchitects@yahoo.co.in
tamya

Post by tamya »

Thanks Praveen

Return to “Interiors”