My House Interior Quatation

somsale

My House Interior Quatation

Post by somsale »

Hi Friends

We have received a quotation for interiors for my house in bangalore.

Please let me know if these rates are ok.. I have to decide in few days

In response to our discussion regarding the Modular Kitchen and Wardrobes for your Residence,We are pleased
to quote below our best rates along with specification for the execution of the project.
SPECIFICATION:- The cabinet box material used for the wardrobes & kitchen wall units is Prelaminated Graded
particle board( BHUTAN BOARD )of 18 mm thickness,one side decorative colour of choice and other side balancing white
colour.The back panel of the cabinets will be closed with 8 mm prelaminated board of suitable colour / white.The edges of
the box will be lipped with Imported melamine edge band tapes of suitable colour.
The kitchen Base Cabinet units will be water resistant marine plywood and Wall Cabinets will be Bhutan Board
Cabinets & High Gloss MR + Doors and PVC Membrane Doors for Wardrobes, the Colour & Design of your choice.
Other hardwares used are Global Brands namely Auto closing Hinges(GRASS –Germany or KAFF- Italy)
Drawer Slides(Grass-Austria),DOLIN SS 304 Grade Kitchen Pullouts and Handles etc.,are very good quality & durability.

Sl.No. Particulars Size( w x h x d ) Sft / Rate Amount(Rs)

01. MBRoom Wardrobe Units 80”x 81”x 24” 46.00 x Rs 1450 /- 63,940=00
02. MBRoom Loft Unit 80”x 33”x 24” 19.00 x Rs 990 /- 18,810=00
03. Room 2 Wardrobe Units 62”x 81”x 24” 36.00 x Rs 1450 /- 52,200=00
04. Room 2 Loft units 111”x 33”x 24” 26.00 x Rs 990 /- 25,740=00
05. Study Table
Additional Storage 48”x 30”x 22”
18”x 54”x 15” 10.00 x Rs 500 /-
07.00 x Rs 1450/- 5,000=00
10,150=00
06. Kitchen Floor Units 90”x 30”x 22”
53”x 30”x 22”
88”x 30”x 15” 49.00 x Rs 1650 /- 80,850=00
07. Kitchen Wall Units 53”x 24”x 12”
88”x 30”x 12” 28.00 x Rs 1450 /- 40,600=00
08. Soft close Hinges –Diff.in price 5,000=00
09. Transport + Material Shifting 5,000=00
Grand Total 221.00 sft 3,07,290=00
bloremanager

Re: My House Interior Quatation

Post by bloremanager »

Rs. 1450 for base cabinet material is high i feel. You can negotiate upto 1300/sq.ft
Particle board in Kitchen is not advisable.
Simran

Post by Simran »

The quote is too high considering they are using particle board. Pre-laminated particle boards are available from Rs. 48/sft. There is no additional cost for laminate or adhesives. Particle boards are not durable compared to plywood or mdf. If u have budget constraints you may go for pre-laminated mdf and it should not cost you more than 1000/ sft.

Do not use particle board or mdf in kitchen. Instead go for BWP or BWR plywood.
somsale

Post by somsale »

Thanks for the reply.
Can anyone suggest a good interior design near basavangudi/jayanagar/bansankari.
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

Dear Som

Material specification is very very basic and the labor charges quoted is very high.

Few examples

1. Wardrobe units can be done at around Rs. 1,000 to Rs. 1,100/sq.ft.

2. Loft Unit can be done at Around Rs. 650 to 700/sq.ft

3. Kitchen work can be done at Rs. 1,250/sq.ft
etc.

Above mentioned works are done with Ply (Not by Particle Board/Bagasse/MDF, which doesn't have any guaranteed life of even 5 years) & the total work can be executed with better material specification and very good finishing in the range of Rs. 2.3 lakhs to Rs. 2.5 Lakhs when compared to Rs. 3,07,290/- quoted by this carpenter.

Also remember, location is not a constraint for a woodwork service provider, as it is only related to the logistics effort which cost Rs. 1,000 or 2,000 on either side through out Bangalore on any corner. Whether its KR Puram or Basavanagudi or Bannerghatta Road, Price change will not be a major factor, difference will be within 1% of the total estimation.

I've sent you a 'PM' message. if interested, call me or share your number, i'll guide you to a better & reliable person.
Last edited by msn1270 on February 15th, 2016, 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bloremanager

Post by bloremanager »

I would advise against using an interior designer for kitchen and bedroom wardrobes, they are mostly a waste of money. You can easily do the drawings yourself with pen and paper. Work closely with your family and decide the best route. Hire a good modular fella and fine tune your layout based on some practical considerations.

Kitchen can be U or L shaped or straight line depending on your layout. Kitchen base board material should be Marine plywood (Boiling water resistant or boiling water proof). Avoid particle or MDF. 3 popular brands (Centuryply, greenply, kitply) can be used. They have several classes of quality (710 grade is the costliest). HDF shutters can be used for overhead cabinets but more expensive (you get more glossy options here). Decide whether you need a granite sink or SS sink. Granite sink requires cemented supports to withstand the heavy weight. The kitchen platform is usually built at 32-33 inches from the ground but if your family is taller, you can opt for 34-35 inches. Ensure your gas stove is at the most 1 feet away from the window to remove smells etc. If you require a kitchen exhaust chimney, there are only 2 sizes available (600mm and 900mm). The overhead cabinet size depth is usually 300 mm and height is 600 mm, length is usually 300,450 or 600mm. Calculation of square foot is always length multiplied by height. Check whether you need tall unit (many kitchen items can be stored in 1 tall sleek frame) but can cost 20k and above. Your modular guy can easily advise you if this option is feasible. The base kitchen cabinets are generally placed on a katte (cemented area) or SS supports are placed below the cabinets to support them.

Bedroom wardrobes can be swing or sliding type. Swing types are much cheaper. If space is a constraint, opt for sliding. Sliding wardrobe can easily cost 1 lakh and more (1 foot depth, 9-10 feet length). Women require more shelves to store their clothes. Have clear demarcation of their storage and your area. The height for the pant hangers is at 45 inches (for normal average indian height of 5 ft 7 inches) and adjust upwards if you are taller. Women may need a sari hangar.

Please have small wall cabinets for your bathrooms to store items like shampoo, toothpaste, brushes, un-used soap (depth of 300mm, height 600mm) and length of 450 or 600 mm depending on the bathroom size. Smaller bathrooms would be fine with 450mm length.
Last edited by bloremanager on February 16th, 2016, 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
satishbk

Post by satishbk »

Hi ,

I am from the Interior fraternity .We do the onsite work as well as modular furniture in the factory .

For Onsite Work :Using 18mm Ply

Kitchen Base Counters : Rs.1150/sft . This would be 100 % Marine Grade Water proof Ply of IS 710 Standards.

For the Information of other members there are 3 variants of Water proof ply .First is IS 710 Boiling Water Proof (BWP) Marine Grade Ply , 2nd One is IS 303 Boiling Water Resistant Ply (BWR) , 3rd one is Moisture Resistant Ply (MR).

Kitchen MIdway Units -Above the Granite Slab -Using Commercial Grade Ply of IS 1659 Standard-Rs.950/sft

Kitchen Loft - Using Commercial Grade Ply @ Rs.600/sft

Wardrobes : Hinged Wardrobe using Commercial Ply- Rs.950/sft , Loft @ Rs.600/sft

Slider Wardrobe : Rs.1100/sft

Hardware: We use Ebco or Ozone Hardware i.e Channels, Modular Hinges and the edges would be Lipped with a PVC Edge Band.

Factory Finish :Using 16mm Ply

Kitchen Base Units : Rs.1250/-sft ( BWP IS 710)

MIdway Units : Rs.1000/- sft

Loft : 675/sft

Wardrobes : Rs.1100/sft

As a matter of fact i am not suppose to reveal my contact details nor do any kind of Marketing here .You can PM me for any clarifications you require .

Yours Truly would be at your service .

Thanks & Regards

Satish
somsale

Post by somsale »

Hi All,

I have enclosed the attachment for a new quotation. Please review and let me know if this is ok

laminates used will be of 1mm outside for selected décor & 0.8mm white for inside.
no change in rates if shutters are plain glass within plywood framework.
edge binding in white inside & matching color on shutters counter tops and sink are not included.
measurements are based on provided information and rounded.
Attachments
quote.png
quote.png (36.02 KiB) Viewed 9953 times
bloremanager

Post by bloremanager »

Quite a high pricing. Would not select anyone beyond 1400/sq.ft inclusive of all fittings
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

Somsale

I assume the attached quote is specific to the Kitchen Activity. Correct me if i'm wrong.
the given specification is very generic and detailed/specific Material Specification is missing, which is essential for better analysis.
some of the points i'm making is

1. Greenply is just a brand name, within which lot of varieties available from Commericial (MR) to Marine Grade. Not sure which one is he going to use.

2. Laminate make is not clear. Also Edge Banding brand and thickness is missing.

3. SS Baskets/hinges/handles make or model is not given. say SS204/SS304/SS316...etc. some of the makes used are Hettich, Ebco, hafele....etc within which lot of varieties available from economy model to premium model. Even local brand available with the same grade.

In general, Rs. 1,600 to 1,800/sq.ft is higher. Provided detailed spec, reasonable price can be narrow down.

Return to “Interiors”