Interior materials type to be used

rajeshrao

Interior materials type to be used

Post by rajeshrao »

Hi,

My home civil work is almost done.

As per the design, planning to use the Shera planks for external elevation

1) Can i know the authroized Shera plank supplier in bangalore ?

2) For interior works what kind of materials(Plywood/blakboard/patricle board/MBR) to be used for

1) Wardrobe slabs
2) Wardrobe shutters
3) Wardrobe lofts
4) Kitchen cabinets
5) Kitchen lofts
6) TV box
7) Wood paneling

it would be great help if you give your valuable inputs
msn1270

Re: Interior materials type to be used

Post by msn1270 »

Rajesh

Firstly, you have not given the basic information. But expecting the advise from the group. :D
Please share the below listed information, which helps others to share the info

1. What is the size of your building?

2. How many Rooms & approximate room size ?

3. What is your Kitchen Platform Area ?

4. How many wardrobes/lofts/cabinets & any other additional units required ?

5. What quality work your are expecting? (Low/Medium/Premium) ?

6. What is your Budget for Interiors ?

7. are you going to supply the materials or looking for Turnkey Project Execution ?

8. What is your timeline for Interior works execution (Urgent need or you can wait for couple of months ?).
rajeshrao

Post by rajeshrao »

Hi,

My building is of 30 X 45 size with G + 2 floors.

i have totally -
8 wardrobes each is of 7(h)X6(L)X2(d)
350 sqft of loft area in bedrooms
150sqt of kitchen area.

right now i am evaluating 2 options

1) For all wardrobe slabs go with the Andhra cements(Rs130/sqft) and cover the doors with the plywood
2) Get it done with conventional way by using all plywood

i would like to procure the plywood materials by myself and only labour charges will be paid. i am planning to go the option which is more economical and gives good finish .

so in order to make the estimation for both options i was looking for the materials to be used.
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

Rajesh

If you are going only for the Labor work, you can take an average rate of Rs. 230 to Rs. 240/sq.ft for a good quality finish, which is irrespective of the material & quality you supply. In case you want to go for full contract(Material + Labor), below will be the reference cost. It can vary by 10 to 20% on either side based on the material quality, workmanship(Finish) and the time line.

1. Kitchen: Rs. 2,000/sq.ft with BWP/BWR Ply and Hettich/Hafele brand SS304 mid range accessories.

2. Frame & Shutter/loft: Rs. 750/sq.ft using MR Grade Ply.

3. Wardrobe: Rs. 1,300/sq.ft using MR Grade Ply(Includes Ply and Laminates for inner side/back side also).

Note:

1. Manual carpenters use cardboard & primer paint on the backside and use only primer paint inner inside as a cost saving option, which exposes Ply to Moisture or water seepage leading to deterioration of the Ply panel.

2. Blockboard/particle/MDF boards are of very cheap quality items, which can give you similar look & feel. But you can't expect longer life & doesn't sustain to moisture or water spills over a period of time. Even the accessories comes out easily and not repairable.
rajeshrao

Post by rajeshrao »

Hi msn1270,

Thanks for your quick response

Do you have any comments on the

1) Combination approach : with Andhra slabs + plywood door finish for wardrobes? in terms of cost savings and durability
2) if i am going for complete plywood model, wanted to know what type of boards like ( plywood/MBR/blockboard ) to be used for structure and doors?
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

rajeshrao wrote:Hi msn1270,

Thanks for your quick response

Do you have any comments on the

1) Combination approach : with Andhra slabs + plywood door finish for wardrobes? in terms of cost savings and durability

Not sure of the cost advantage. But it needs effective co-ordination between 2 different service providers. Definitely Carpenter will not show more
interest in this & he doesn't take care of slab Placement/alignment activity. Mainly effort will be more.

2) if i am going for complete plywood model, wanted to know what type of boards like ( plywood/MBR/blockboard ) to be used for structure and doors?
I don't recommend Particle/MDF/Block Boards. Problems are assured anytime after 3-6 months with them. If you are looking for durability of min 5-10 years, better go for mid range MR Grade Ply for Wardrobe, Lofts, TV Box...etc. For Kitchen You can use BWP/BWR Ply.

Return to “Interiors”