Electric Geyser

amohit

Re: Electric Geyser

Post by amohit »

DenQuest wrote:Thank you , Mohit.
A very detailed user review/experience indeed.

Any brand suggestions??
I have 2 geysers. One is instant and another is 15lts storage. Both are from Venus. Have been using instant one since last 5 years and storage one since last 2 months. Both of them have copper tanks. They costed be 2.7k and 6.3k respectively. No service so far.

Which ever geyser you buy, please make sure it has copper tank (specially applicable if water in your area is hard).

Regards,
Mohit
DenQuest

Post by DenQuest »

Thank You , Mohit.

I was going through the website of Venus and found a model with "Titanium Enamel Tank" . Any input on these.

Are these better than Copper tanks.

~DenQuest
naveenchowdari

Post by naveenchowdari »

Hi

Are you very particular on electric geyser
If not, go for gas geyser ... feel that environment friendly and also saves power, without power also you get instant water provided your storage tank has water. We are using since 2004, PKL Clix Comfort model
DenQuest

Post by DenQuest »

Hi Naveen,

The following link has information about various water heaters .
http://indiahometips.com/buying-water-heater.html

The cons mentioned in the page says "Need to be careful about Gas Leakage and Carbon Monoxide poisoning".

Mine is an apartment and I think it requires special setup for installing a gas geyser which may not be possible in my case.

~DenQuest
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

gas geysers are also good option, provided if you have good ventilation in your bathroom.

In today's apartment designs the ventilation area is not given more prominance. Alternately you can opt for a exit pipeline from the geyser outlet similar to the chimney/hobb used in Kitchens, which makes things comfortable.
tvsh

Post by tvsh »

ardesarchitects wrote:Hi,

Few suggestions for choosing capacity
In a home of 2 bhk with 2 toilets ,4 people.Never go for 25lits in 2 toilets ,use only 15lit .Though the shop keeper says the price is just 600/- difference .You save a lot in electricity.
Would one 25 liter geyser consume more power than 2 Nos. of 15 liter geysers each? Wouldn't it be better to install one 25 liter geyser and pipe it to both the bathrooms (provided it is close enough to share)? If the requirement is between 15 and 25 liter hot water, With 2 15 liter geysers, one would be heating 30 liters of water and with one 25 liter Geyser, one would be heating only 25 liters. So wouldn't one 25 liter geyser be less power hungry than 2, 15 liter ones?
Hesh_Mysore

Post by Hesh_Mysore »

Hi,
I wanted to get some recomendations for the electric geyser choices.
I did do some reading but still want some practical users point of view on

1. Which brands would you recomend, A O Smith seems to be preferred nowadays
2. Are there any electric geysers which can be programmed to switch on and off at a specific time.
4. Would a 15 ltr capacity be good enough for a single bathroom for 2 people.

Thanks
Hesh
parkom

Post by parkom »

I understand that AO Smith, who are known worldwide to be one of the best in water heaters -both residential and commercial, have recenly set up a manufacturing unit near Bangalore. They use a special type of coating on their heating elements which makes for long life and lower energy consumption though its lifetime, which makes them quite popular with specifying consultants.
All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on....
Hesh_Mysore

Post by Hesh_Mysore »

A O Smith seems to have 4 star rating in the pwer consumption rating. Are there any with 5 start rating.
Also would a 15 ltr geyser suffice for 2 people to take bath with water heated once completely?
I am asking this as I dont want to buy a bigger one and waste electricity.
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi,
Choosing gyser capacity works are on simple logic.Do 4 people in your house take shower at a time one after other or in different times?
Ideally no one takes shower one after other - kids morning -7-8 am school time, master - 9-10 am office time, Lady - 6-7 am or 11-12am
So at any time its max 2 people .then why do you want 25 lit hot water at a time.Though the price variation is just 500/- beween 25 and 15 lits power consumption will be more.

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior Designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com

Return to “Interiors”