Interior carpenter labor prices

isap63

Interior carpenter labor prices

Post by isap63 »

Guys, a carpenter has quoted below price for labor only. Can you provide your input on the price ? I will be providing all materials.

1.wardrobe : Rs 350 per sqft
2. Kitchen: Rs 400 Per sqft
3. Tv unit Box: Rs 350 Per sqft
4. Tv unit box paneling: Rs 200 Per sqft
5. Loft : Rs 220 Per sqft
6. Rail work for cutout: 180 Per sqft
Naveen
swamy_blr

Re: Interior carpenter labor prices

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi,

The Price quoted is very high.Usual Labour Charges for Wardrobe = 240-250/sqft, Loft = 180-200/Sqft, Kitchen = 275/Sqft, Panelling = 180/Sqft,

I suggest you go with Factory Finish Interiors, The Factory finish compared to Manual work is top class. Just go with reputed firm.
Even if you invest additional amount it is worth compared to Manual Interior Work.

Just ensure in Factory Finish interiors not to use the MDF board, always insist on Good materials (Greenply/Century Ply etc..) and Fittings from (Hettich/Ebco)

rgds
Swamy
isap63

Post by isap63 »

Thanks Swamy, That helps.
Naveen
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi Isap63,
Just going by per sft price will be trap unless you ask more clarifications on the same. I know people who are taken for ride while final area billing.
Points to get clarity about billing
1. SFT is only calculated on the front part of the wood work
2. Price includes edge beading, internal and external lamination
3. Any extra price for laminate designs
4. Cleaning the debris from site to dumping vehicle
5. Loading of ply
Ask as many questions as possible and show him images / dwgs given by your architect and calculate based on the dimensions so that you know how he is going to calculate finally .

Regards,
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/ardes.architects
https://www.instagram.com/ardesarchitects
http://www.ardesarchitects.com
isap63

Post by isap63 »

Thanks Praveen. you are right, they can pull those tricks.
Naveen
ramki067

Post by ramki067 »

What is the carpenter labor rate for making wooden doors and windows? I am contructing my home for which I plan to use white sal for frames and honne for shutters.
Thanks.
sameer23n

Post by sameer23n »

Hi,
I am looking for a good and reliable carpenter for getting the interiors done for my independent house. The need is pretty urgent and I would prefer a labour only contract. What is the current labour rate? Any info and references will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
ganeshncm

Post by ganeshncm »

Any references sir ?
swamy_blr wrote:Hi,

The Price quoted is very high.Usual Labour Charges for Wardrobe = 240-250/sqft, Loft = 180-200/Sqft, Kitchen = 275/Sqft, Panelling = 180/Sqft,

I suggest you go with Factory Finish Interiors, The Factory finish compared to Manual work is top class. Just go with reputed firm.
Even if you invest additional amount it is worth compared to Manual Interior Work.

Just ensure in Factory Finish interiors not to use the MDF board, always insist on Good materials (Greenply/Century Ply etc..) and Fittings from (Hettich/Ebco)

rgds
Swamy
swamy_blr

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi,

Please check Veneeza Cucine.The designs are lot and they do as per your requirements. The quality of work is very good.

Contact Toji - 09972372573

rgds
Swamy
priyag

Post by priyag »

What should be the approximate cost of a factory finish wardrobe unit? The rate I've received is 1200/sqft. isn't that too high? Thnx.

Return to “Interiors”