Sliding Windows

mcnu

Sliding Windows

Post by mcnu »

Hi,
In our old aprtment, we are planning to replce the wooden-door windows with a sliding glass window+grills, for better light and air.

When I researched about this, I find that different types like Aluminium windows, Aluminum powder coated windows, UPVC windows, PVC windows etc.

Can some one please explain what are all these?
Which one is better (interms of looks as well as standard) ?
Typically What is the cost per sqft for these windows?
What is typically used in the bangalore current apartments?
Any website, we can find any info on these?

I am desperately looking for information on this. Can someone please share if you know anything?
ardesarchitects

Re: Sliding Windows

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi,
Sliding doors are mostly recommended in aluminum,upvc. Other than these two in wood is not recommended(Due to seasoning)
Plain aluminum is in metallic white.This looks bit cheaper .So go for power coating on it.(Its nothing but spray paint done on aluminum)
Powder coat will be best economical option and you can match to your interior colors.I would recommend to go for darker shades than lighter this gives you better rich look.

Upvc is a high grade pvc and min life of 15-20 years.Till now no one has seen complete life cycle of Upvc window.Introduced just about 8-9 years back.
Finishings are excellent and works fine.The other advantage is acoustic proof ,helpful if your flat is facing main road with lot of noise.
Upvc is available in various shades including wood finish.

Replacing wood frames with sliding is possible ,at the same time you need to plan for interior colors.

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects & Interior Designers
ardesarchtiects@yahoo.co.in
blrsiteseeker

Post by blrsiteseeker »

Useful information. What is the approximate cost of UPVC windows (I know it depends on size and design etc.). but for a rough idea how much would it be per sq. foot (with wood finish and screens )
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi ,
A good branded Upvc windows will be in a range of 350 to 500/- per sft .depends up finish,screens etc ...required.

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects & Interior Designers
ardesarchtiects@yahoo.co.in
mcnu

Post by mcnu »

Thanks ardesarchitects for the reply.

Can you please let us know, what will be the cost for power coated aluminium windows?

Return to “Interiors”