Chimney

DenQuest

Chimney

Post by DenQuest »

Planning to buy a chimney. Searching around ,I came across two types of chimneys - straight line and decorative .
Following is what I understood -
Straight line chimney's are basic and doesn't have Oil filter/ Collection.
Decorative have better suction power and other goodies .
Decorative costs double that of a straight line chimney

My questions are -

Which kinda chimney is good for Indian cooking (i.e high oil usage and smoke )?

What all I should be looking for(rpm,suction rate etc), when buying a chimney ?

Any brand suggestions?
sumah

Re: Chimney

Post by sumah »

Hello,

I did not see a reply on this question DenQuest had, and I have the same query. Any with suggestions for best chimney for Indian cooking?

Thanks
Suma
keshavachandras

Post by keshavachandras »

Hi All,

Any one heard about Angelia chimney and hobs, how good or reliable are they? i'm in the process of finalizing my kitchen and the interior has given me a quote of 2.5L with modular kitchen, Angelia Chimney (90cms), 3 burner hob, ebco and havel fittings along with a breakfast table.
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

Pals,

Whether its decorative or Straight one, difference is only in Look & Feel. Basic functinality is same as compared to the conventional Exhaust fans. Decide yourselves whether you want Decorative peice @ premium price or a normal one @ reasonable price.

Suction power of the fan varies based on the make/Model in each brand starting from 500 m3/hr to 1200 m3/hr(Heavy Duty models upto 1600m3/hr). if you are food maker of using more edible oil & more spicy contents & non-veg (more Unhealthy for todays generation), go for higher suction power (1000m3/hr or above) to remove the odour from the kitchen fast. For regular food makers around 600-650m3/hr is good enough. Coverage area is like 2 ft, 3 ft...etc. Also based on the Area(Size) of the Kitchen, you need to decide the suction power.

Usually in the entry level and mid range Chimney models, the carbon based filter inside the casette is an optional accessory. Not an Inbuilt feature.. Also you need to clean the casette at regular intervals atleast once in 1 month to 6 months based on the filter using hot water, (soda/ or any other effective kitchen cleaners like Mr. Muscle...etc) to have efficient functioning. You also need to replace the carbon filters based on the recommendation of the manufacturer similar to changing filters in water purifiers. Nowadays even auto cleaner chimneys available once fix and foget it, but at a premium price.
Last edited by msn1270 on July 19th, 2013, 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kpb2308

Post by kpb2308 »

Are there any chimneys known to make lesser noise. I have noticed people install chimneys and then later do not use them much since they make a lot of noise.
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

Compared to Exhaust Fans, Chimneys make less noise.

You need to evaluate couple of models installed one and then you can decide
yourselves about the acceptable noise level.
murthy7799

Post by murthy7799 »

HI,

Could you please help me to find which is good brand in chimney and which shop (address) to buy this chimney ?

Thanks & Regards,
-Murthy
Sam

Post by Sam »

I was told Faber was the good brand it costs around 11K has the suction of 700m3/hr . Any one using this chimney ?
sreekbda

Post by sreekbda »

Do we really need a chimney? I mean is it a must have given that we have an exhaust fan?

Please let me know...
rvenug

Post by rvenug »

I totally agree with msn1270 that chimneys are just for look and feel nothing else. I have an elica chimney with a 1000m3/hr with so called BAFFLE filter which i was told is very easy to clean. But the experience has been totally hell for me and my family regarding chimneys!!
I would rather suggest you go for conventional exhaust fans of good make which are far more easier to maintain and clean with lesser amount to spend no matter even if its bit on the ugly side. Im thinking of replacing mine with an EXHAUST!!
P.S : Im a cleaner boy of the chimney in my house inspite of spending a bomb on the chimney and the cleaning part is very messy :-( and customer service?? just forget it once you pay them the money..

Return to “Interiors”