Construction material prices

These are Non - negotiated rates in the market
prakasr2000

Re: Construction material prices

Post by prakasr2000 »

Any suggestion to buy steel from and we are starting construction in hsr? We are planning to buy
prime gold Fe500
prakasr2000

Post by prakasr2000 »

Any reliable dealer?
vpbs_bak

Post by vpbs_bak »

I buy from this guy - ok so far. I weighed in a weigh bride once and it was right. Other times, I didn't do it (went by trusting his weighing scale)

Owner: H.R.Lokesh
Shop: S.M.Enterprises
#7, 80 ft road, Gubbalala Village,
Kanakapura Road,
Bangalore - 62

Cell: 9632587004, 9916826022
Chandu

Post by Chandu »

For steel - there is a formula where we can calculate the total weight by using the number of rods and rod's thickness (mm)
- I don't trust the weighing machine.
- Most of the dealers - keep there margin using this weighing machine - as the margin for them is very less ( this is what my friend told - he is a dealer)
Manjunath711

Post by Manjunath711 »

Hi,

What you said is right there is formula to calculate weight of the steel by knowing the dia of the rods, Wherin this is used in case of Quantification/BBS works of the building. Usual practice is to take the loaded lorry/truck to the weighting machine get it quantified and after unloading get it again quantified.

Regards
ManjunathK.N.
Structural Designer
baruc2003

Post by baruc2003 »

you can weigh using the below weights per rod as sample (40ft rods tmt)
8 mm - 4.5 kgs ( 10 rods per bundle )
10 mm - 7.08 kgs ( 7 rods per bundle )
12 mm - 10.48 kgs ( 5 rods per bundle )
16 mm - 18.64 kgs ( 3 rods per bundle )
20 mm - 29.44 kgs ( 2 rods per bundle )
these rods come in bundles and I am using prime gold.
weights vary a bit as the bundles are tied together with 8 mm or 10 mm twisted rod. I had a variation of around 3-4 per ton.
not all rods are 40ft exact 1-3 inches difference would be there.
you can check the weighing scale by dropping in the binding wire bundle of 25 kgs or yourself standing on the weighing scale.
cost of indus is reduced by 1-1.5k check for the reduced price.
I am buying from a shop near hennur cross, I felt him reliable and gives competitive price for both cement and steel.
thanks,
Bharath
blorebuddy

Post by blorebuddy »

Bought Fabricated Granite sink from a small shop in Jambu Savari Thinne for Rs. 4000 - 2'*2'*10".
It is a complete blackstone with 20+mm thickness though he has told it will be 30mm thickness at the time of ordering.
This is with Araldite mixed metal paste. If it is only metal paste rate is only 3500 Rs.
blorebuddy

Post by blorebuddy »

Visited Krishnagiri(Barkur) area for granite. There is so many factories around this place and you will find mainly Paradise (from near by locality), Kuppam Green (from kuppam), Meera white (from chittur) and few other varities. You may not see more than 6 or 7 variants in a factory. Thickness is mostly 20mm or less by one or 2 mms. Slabs are majorly with 3ft wide and 4 or 5ft. Also there are machine polishing units and manual polishing units. Many of the varieties had epoxy coated which I understand will make it difficult to find the cracks, small pores. Price varies from 60 Rs to 100 rs for 3ft wide. Higher width more than 4fts are less which goes from 110 to 230 Rs. We bought Paradise for 70Rs for kitchen table and mayflower white for flooring which costed 75Rs. Not much of bargaining here and more or less fixed rates. You need to be careful about the billing (VAT 14.5 over this rate) as there are some adjustments happening. Also loading costs varies from 1Rs for a Sq ft to 2 Rs per sq ft. Unloading is kind of 2 Rs per sq ft which we could get. Lot of hard work as you need to mostly walk around the factories which are next to each other, measurement under hot sun at the most of the places. It took 1 complete day from morning 10 Am to 6Pm to choose, measure for 1500Sq ft approx and complete billing, loading in to the lorry. Check for fine polishing as polishing varies from slab to slab. Also for cracks and uneven slab cuts. There is something called consumer measurement and dealer measurement. In consumer measurement they are deducting for the visible cracks. Also there is a cutting allowance of 1 inch given free. It is unloaded today and only one slab got broken at the crack.
gsNagesh

Post by gsNagesh »

@ blorebuddy..

how about the transportation cost ?
rajesha07

Post by rajesha07 »

blorebuddy wrote:Visited Krishnagiri(Barkur) area for granite. There is so many factories around this place and you will find mainly Paradise (from near by locality), Kuppam Green (from kuppam), Meera white (from chittur) and few other varities. You may not see more than 6 or 7 variants in a factory. Thickness is mostly 20mm or less by one or 2 mms. Slabs are majorly with 3ft wide and 4 or 5ft. Also there are machine polishing units and manual polishing units. Many of the varieties had epoxy coated which I understand will make it difficult to find the cracks, small pores. Price varies from 60 Rs to 100 rs for 3ft wide. Higher width more than 4fts are less which goes from 110 to 230 Rs. We bought Paradise for 70Rs for kitchen table and mayflower white for flooring which costed 75Rs. Not much of bargaining here and more or less fixed rates. You need to be careful about the billing (VAT 14.5 over this rate) as there are some adjustments happening. Also loading costs varies from 1Rs for a Sq ft to 2 Rs per sq ft. Unloading is kind of 2 Rs per sq ft which we could get. Lot of hard work as you need to mostly walk around the factories which are next to each other, measurement under hot sun at the most of the places. It took 1 complete day from morning 10 Am to 6Pm to choose, measure for 1500Sq ft approx and complete billing, loading in to the lorry. Check for fine polishing as polishing varies from slab to slab. Also for cracks and uneven slab cuts. There is something called consumer measurement and dealer measurement. In consumer measurement they are deducting for the visible cracks. Also there is a cutting allowance of 1 inch given free. It is unloaded today and only one slab got broken at the crack.
Sir can you share the pictures of granite stone

Return to “Material prices”