Lake Encroachments

Sub-forum to discuss Real Estate News from various sources
nagarjunkatta

Lake Encroachments

Post by nagarjunkatta »

Hi Friends,

Can someone tell me how do we verify whether our site/layout/building is free from lake encroachment?

I have got a site near to a lake off Bannerughatta road. its some 200 ft away from the lake fencing(they say the fencing was done by LDA).I dont believe in LDA bcoz the lakes encroachment eviction drives have happened on the fenced lakes only. i think they are not properly surveyed. After seeing this eviction drives happening in bangalore, i want to make sure now only if there is any problem.

How do i make sure and what are the documents needed to verify?

Experts plz advice as this would help many ppl who r near the lake beds. No one wants to face the future dire consequences.
kalidas

Re: Lake Encroachments

Post by kalidas »

The way things are going on in Bangalore - looks like it is very difficult to track as the original documents themselves have been faked. Apartments of premium builders, layouts formed by BDA themselves, industries etc have encroched lake or blocking rajakaluve. Please see this from today's TOI news paper front page headlines. WE cannot trust any one here. Best is to stay in a rented house and invest in any other place.

http://epaperbeta.timesofindia.com/Art ... 2015001033
prabudas

Post by prabudas »

Regulations should be taken care during the initial days when some one started the encroachment, all these developments are not happened over the night, it started 30-40 years back. Where these officials gone for these many days? How they provided Electric,Water connections and collected bills even property tax? how the census and voter ids given to them? No answers!!!! This Govt is not supporting the people, they kill people lifes and develop water bodies.

Life of a common man is uncertain in Bangalore,All Credits goes to BDA,BBMP and Govt. This act already started hitting Bangalore real-estate, going fwd no one will invest in Bangalore properties coz there is no guarantee for the properties what we are paying for :(
mithung2000

Post by mithung2000 »

Govt should have handled it in a different way. There is no use of demolishing houses which have come up on dead lakes which cannot be brought back now by demolishing innocent peoples houses. If the govt is not able to convert it back to lake , they will simply convert it into forests/parks. Instead some kind of fine could have been collected from people who are already living in the area for decades and allow people to live peacefully. Not sure how anyone can take such a inhuman decision.

Return to “Real Estate News”