RERA applicability

Sub-forum to discuss Real Estate News from various sources
viksat82

RERA applicability

Post by viksat82 »

Who are all have to register under RERA?
I know who ever dealing with Real estate needs to register under RERA. This is at all India level. However Karnataka government is not ready to implement it.
I heard they made lot of modifications. Can we list them here.

1. Builders
santosh_vp

Re: RERA applicability

Post by santosh_vp »

The modifications done by Karnataka government is not excluding any one. Even housing and welfare societies have to register with rera. However housing societies have filed a petition challenging their inclusion.
viksat82

Post by viksat82 »

Obviously housing society should register under RERA since they are mainly dealing with Real estate and they are the number one fraud in Bengaluru in lot of cases.
They are not transparent and don't give any idea what efforts they are making to complete their projects.
They are making one eye washing annual general body meeting that too because it is mandatory.
santosh_vp

Post by santosh_vp »

Agree with your point. But they also have another point. These societies are not selling them for profit. In case of delay or compensation payment, who will pay them? In society model and all society members are like partners. I think there must be some better way to deal with them.
viksat82

Post by viksat82 »

If they treat members as partners why are they not transparent to members? If the delay in the project they are already hiking the price against what they say at the time of booking. Every members pay it whether they like it or not.

Return to “Real Estate News”