BETTERMENT CHARGES

Sub-forum to discuss about Urban planning and tools & gadgets that can help to cut short our city travel time.
mvssastry

BETTERMENT CHARGES

Post by mvssastry »

Hi all,
As per paper news, the BBMP has announced the betterment charges @ Rs.200/- per sq. meter in 100 wards and @Rs.250 per sq metre in 98 wards. It is not very clear when from they are likely to collect these charges. Can any body share the information please?
msn1270

Re: BETTERMENT CHARGES

Post by msn1270 »

dear sastry

as per my knowledge, its only the amount they have arrived after the High court rejected their earlier proposed amount.
BBMP is yet to submit this info to the High court in the next hearing and once it is accepted there, it has to get approval
from the Governor via state government and then get announced in the gazette.

I feel still there is lot of time for all these process to happen and in between if the Election commission announces the
2014 general election dates(expected by March 1st week), then the model code of conduct will comes into picture. So
I expect the entire process will take more time.
Last edited by msn1270 on February 13th, 2014, 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
mvssastry

Post by mvssastry »

dear msn1270,
understood and thank you for your prompt reply.
mvssastry

Post by mvssastry »

Dear msn1270,
is there any latest update on payment of betterment charge? I heard that they have already announced and we can pay?
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

Dear Sastry

I heard/assume/somebody/someone is all very vague words. We would like to know specifically which BBMP Office is collecting the
betterment charges and issuing A Khata. When did they started. ??

As per my knowledge, we I don't see any discussion at Cabinet(after January 2014), affidavit submitted by BBMP to the High Court &
its acceptance related to the ongoing case, Karnataka gazette notification after Governor approval. By chance, if it has to take shape,
its only after the 2014 General elections may be June onwards.
mvssastry

Post by mvssastry »

dear msn1270,
Is there any latest update on betterment charge?
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

As enquired yesterday, The detailed procedure and documentation details are yet to reach the zonal/ward level BBMP Offices.
So it may take few more days to officially accept the betterment charges at the Zonal BBMP Offices and to issue the A-khata.

Also there could be some confusions between the officials and the consumers in the initial days in terms of deciding/paying
the betterment charges between Old and New BBMP Areas as there is a 20-25% difference in charges for the newly added BBMP Areas.
avipnv

Post by avipnv »

Hi,
Yes, the circulars have not reached the BBMP Ward offices yet, they are still waiting...
Meanwhile not sure, if they are collecting the betterment charges for Non-DC converted plots[I stay in JP Nagar 7th phase, approx behind Elita Promenade area]

Some Questions i have:
1. Is the betterment charges only apply for the plot or the house constructed in that, so then how does the calculation work.
2. Are there EMI's for these charges?
3. Is it like, only if all the houses in the lane pay the Betterment Charge, only then you are eligible or an individual owner can pay and get the
A-khata for his plot alone...

Thanks All
Avinash
mvssastry

Post by mvssastry »

Dear Avinash,
What I understood from various sources is as follows:
1. The betterment charges (once they start collecting) is applicable for the site dimensions.
2. The charges are payable irrespective of whether you have constructed or not.
3. The betterment charges what they have announced are applicable only for the DC converted sites.
4. Once you pay the betterment charges, you will be entitled to get "A" Khata independent of others pay or not
5. Even after payment of betterment charges, I think the charges announced by State Govt. for Akrama/Sakrama for constructed houses are payable as per the norms. This is for deviations in construction. This is applicable for DC converted sites also.
6. For non-DC converted sites, where construction has already taken place, Akrama / Sakrama charges are payable as per the announcement probably which includes betterment charges also.
This is only my understanding and members can give their views if there are any corrections.
anilmn

Post by anilmn »

Any further news on when they will start accepting betterment charges for individual sites?

Return to “Urban Planning”