Khata transfer

thysis

Khata transfer

Post by thysis »

Hi All,

Need advice on Khata Transfer

My Father recently expired and he had 2 sites in his name. He had not put my Mother's name and now it is becoming difficult for us to transfer the Khata/Ownership to my Mother who is in need of money to buy a small house for herself. This is not in Bangalore but near Mangalore in Karnataka and not sure the right way.

Getting a succession document via Court was suggested. One of my relatives said it was expensive and we may need to shell out 7%, bribe etc of market value while going through this process, putting news paper Ads to claim ownership by sons and mother.

Is this the only way? This is going to cost us lakhs and wondering how can I get this easily transferred to my Mother?

Thanks
Vikas

Please start topics in relevant sub-forums. Moving to 'Documents' -Admin Team.
sun

Re: Khata transfer

Post by sun »

I was in a same boat some time back! My father in law passed away, and then I had to transfer property in his name to my mother in law, and my wife only daughter. Once some passes away, the khata is called as "Pauti Khata". This is what I have done - Get all the photocopy of property documents, (Sale deed, mother deed, betterment etc) NOC from my wife stating she dont have any issues for the property to be transferred in the name of her mother, NOC from my mother in law herself, saying I am legal wife, she is not aware of any other relationship of same sought etc and khata needs to transferred, get everything attested and then give everything to BBMP office. Khata transfer was done in 10 odd days, yes, few follow ups required, along with 3-4K :) for tea-coffee expenses.

If someone passes away interstate with no legal will written, it is an issue for the successors.

You may want to try it out, but according to me get in touch with a lawyer in your place and seek advise, what worked for me may or may not work for everyone!
RaOne

Re: Khata transfer

Post by RaOne »

all, have a quick question, when i went for khata transfer today in BDA banashankari office, thinking all documents are perfect ... but it was not the case... my seller had taken loan in cooperative bank and cleared it (in 2009), which is reflecting in Encumbrance certificate..... but is it necessary for me to produce the loan clearance certificate (from cooperative bank) of my seller..
Even i have bought this plot thru loan and bank/bank lawyer never asked for this at the time of registration... not sure why BDA office is asking me to produce, can you guys tell me if this is necessary ???

Return to “Documents”