Solar water heaters

sam_m400

Solar water heaters

Post by sam_m400 »

1)which are best solar water heaters 100 liters as i got quote of 1) 16K for Kamal brand and 2) 18K for Anu (Copper coil) ?3) Racold - yet to enquire 4)V -Guard - yet to enquire 5)Tata BP solar - yet to enquire 6) Supreme -Yet to enquire

2) What need to take care before choosing the one as i have seen carbon steel is important ?
kanukaushik

Re: Solar water heaters

Post by kanukaushik »

As per my research , i found that if hardness (Ca and Mg) is more than 140ppm we should go for FPC with heat ex-changer , otherwise we can go for basic one. If Chloride level is more than 100 ppm than we should use ETC only. Tata and Racold don't have heat ex-changer models.

I am planning to install FPC 200 ltr Model from Solarizer Ultra (Without pressurized , later we can lave pressurized system if we need) , it comes with 2kw backup which i feel is of not much use but we don't have option to not have it. I got quotation of 40k (Tax , transportation and installation included) for it. For Racold Omega/Tata Zing it was 36k but without heat ex-changer and backup.

MRP: Rs.52,400/-
Discount: Rs.2,000/-
MRP less Discount: Rs.50,400/-
Subsidy: Rs.13,200/-
Net Rate after Subsidy: Rs.37,200/-
VAT at 5.5% : Rs.2,772/-
Net Amount Payable (Inclusive of Tax): Rs.39,972/-

As per solarizer we need to put 2-3 Ltr glycol mixure (60/ltr) almost after every 3 month. Please let me know if anyone using it or found any cons in terms of maintatnce or anything which sales persion might be hiding or any other vendor who can provide more discount.

Thanks in Advance!!!
Bhushan Gupta
kpb2308

Post by kpb2308 »

kanukaushik wrote:As per my research , i found that if hardness (Ca and Mg) is more than 140ppm we should go for FPC with heat ex-changer , otherwise we can go for basic one. If Chloride level is more than 100 ppm than we should use ETC only. Tata and Racold don't have heat ex-changer models.
Bhushan
Can you please clarify some points as I am also looking to install a 200 LPD system
1. How do we check the hardness (Ca/Mg) level and Chloride levels. The Anusolar guy tested with some meter in less than a minute, but I am not sure of it's reliability.
2. I have only come across FPC (for normal water) and ETC (for hard water). What is with heat exchanger.
I have also come across some models saying with pressure. Do you know what this is?

Thanks.
kanukaushik

Post by kanukaushik »

I will try to summarize , for more details you can call me.

Water contains Positive Ions Ca , Mg , Na and Negative Ions Cl , Fl etc. TDS measurement is total count of all ions But Hardness is caused by Ca and Mg only. Generally if TDS is 100 ppm , Hardness comes around 60ppm but again depends on water in you area. You can get it tested in any lab around you (Just google to find nearby lab) They will charge around 500 Rupees.

Ca and Mg - Hardness responsible for scaling so it should not be more than 140 ppm and Cl level should not exceed 100 ppm If you want FPC. Don't go by salesman words. Whatever they measure with small device that is TDS. With each product specification its mentioned that it should not be more than this level.

In FPC Model , we have Cu Fins which can create problem if water is hard so we go with Heat Exchanger where water will not go through Cu Fins. Or you can go with ETC model which is more efficient in terms of hot water but made of glass tubes , even a 100gm stone can break it.

Pressurized model is required if you have big shower panels. It will cost around 3000 rs more but for pressure you need a pump which cost around 20-25k

I was interested in Tata/Racold/Solarizer. Only Solarizer has Heat Exchanger Model.

Go through this link to understand working principle http://www.emmveesolar.com/products/working-principle-

Anu Solar got lots of negative reviews.

Hope it will help

Thanks,
Bhushan
kanukaushik

Post by kanukaushik »

I got my water test report. As per hardness level , i have decided not to go with softner as of now.

Water TDS Measured by Solar agents were completely wrong , one told it is 250 , another told it is 360 but actually TDS is 415ppm and hardness is 156ppm which matters while choosing solar heater. So don't go by measurement made by that device.
Attachments
water test.pdf
Water Test Report
(107.48 KiB) Downloaded 475 times
tendlu

Post by tendlu »

agency contacts for water testing and how much would it cost?
chakra_krish

Post by chakra_krish »

Hi
Anybody has installed Heat Pump ( which works opposite to the priniciple of Refrigeration) for hot water
if so
which brand and what is the cost

Srikrishna

Return to “Civil Construction”