Ancestral property - New khata issue clarifications

kunalsd

Ancestral property - New khata issue clarifications

Post by kunalsd »

Hi,
I need a few clarifications wrt Ancestral property - New khata to be issued by City Corporation Mysore:

1. An ancestral property in Mysore city limits has been divided among the brothers by a court order.

2. An application has been submitted by one of the brother to City Corporation Mysore to facilitate issuing of a new Khata to the property.

I wish to know the following:

a. Will the new Khata certificate be issued under all the names of brothers ?
b. Will Mysore Corporation Revenue Dept officials contact each brother to ask for any objection as the issue was in court earlier?
c. Will all the brothers need to sign upon the application requesting the issue of a new khata?

Thanks in Advance
Regards,
Kunal
msn1270

Re: Ancestral property - New khata issue clarifications

Post by msn1270 »

kunal

many things are not clear in your query.

1) What & why you are concerning on someone's property division ? (I mean are you going for a transaction on that property/are you one of the member of that property.?...etc)

2) You have not clearly specified what is the court order? without knowing the actual order, no one can given you specific answer.

3) If the property is equally divided between these bunch of brothers & each one will take away his pie. Then each one has to apply separately and get new khata for his share only.

4) if all brothers are declared as joint owners for a piece of property(When the dispute is between two families i.e. cousins), and all these brothers are considered as one side, then everyone together has to apply for new khata(or each one can give power of attorney to one person as their nominee). In such case, joint khata will be issued with all the names.

Return to “Documents”