Solar water heater

kraghum

Solar water heater

Post by kraghum »

Wanted to share my experience till now while researching for solar water heater for my house
- There is a Brand called Sunray from Hubli, according to him. refer to the link below for more details
http://www.sunraysolarmuseum.com/p/specification.html
- No separate water tank
- No problem of hot and cold water mixing up "from the above link, i quote from his website
1) MIXING PROBLEM:
Conventional solar water heaters require additional elevated overhead tank by that there is mixing problem. Suppose at 5am,6am-7am, hot water is drawn from the system, there is mixing of cold with that of hot water & the 4th bucket will be cold water only.
As there is no overhead tank for SUN RAY, whatever hot water is ready, say 60 degree, the same temperature hot water can be drawn upto the last drop.
I had seen this guy's stall in ACE exhibition in 2012, this guy had that innovative solar hat.

Then i went to Khadi exhibition recently and heard about Bio-fule Boilers (earlier called as Gujrat boilers, for 2KG dry water, you can heat up water in matter of 35 minutes) and from there i came across this Bangalore company http://www.bisineer.com/ :D yes it's kannada bisineer

This company has Geyser tied with solar (unlike) normal water heater inbuilt in solar)
- The system will have a solar water heater and separate Geyser (85Liters)
-Water will be pre heated in solar whole day, this water will be flown to centralised Geyser
- Geyser has automatic sensor, where time can be set (like morning 6-8am), between which if water temperature is not upto or liking it will heat up this to required level
- This Sufficiently heated water will flow to our hot water lines
- This can be of 2KW system, on any given day it will consume 1unit of power
- Geyser is sufficiently insulated so that water will stay hot for 2-3 days, and it will use only sufficient energy to rise to required temperature between these time only

My thoughts, please comment
- The Sunray solar looks promising, but not much brand value. I like the overall concept to avoid the hot and cold water mixing
- My electrician say you can put automatic heater to this solar tank itself which can heat water to certain time for some temperature to existing solar itself
civil88

Re: Solar water heater

Post by civil88 »

Nice and informative post. I generally like your posts as they have research value and you are educating lot of us on upcoming and newer technologies available in market today.

Keep up the good work and do share more such interesting stuff as you research more in quest of completing your dream house!

Finally let us know which of these two you went for and why.
tvsh

Post by tvsh »

I am not sure if their unit qualifies for government subsidy. Earlier (2011), I was told that subsidies are not available for units shipped with built-in heating coils. I had to purchase the coil separately ( billed separately) as I needed a pressurized solar water heater with a heating coil. I did not want to add one more delivery and mount a local geyser in each of the bathrooms.
sam_m400

Post by sam_m400 »

what is subsidy which will be available? . I have been told by neighbor that he is getting only 70 rs less in the total bill which is less . How to calculate my total bill excluding the subsidy?
tvsh

Post by tvsh »

I think there is a 33% subsidy on the cost price of the SWH.
kraghum

Post by kraghum »

Back to my solar search

Main disadvantage of a solar water heater(SWH) are, assume you have 200Ltr system, bye evening all 200Ltr is hot. morning you start using Hot water. if you draw 100Ltrs fo hot water in 2-3 hours then the same amount of cold water would have filled up the tank thus reducing the overall temperature.

There are few small comapny who have thought about the idea

http://kaushalsolar.com/products.htm ht ... porto.com/

each on different concept but overall achieving much efficiency in separating hot and cold water mixing. please read up and post your opinion. i called up the two company's in Pune, they can send the system but they cannot give service as they don't have much user base. assuming SWH is simple process may be we may not not get much require for an immediate support

what you guys say
shubhamshak

Post by shubhamshak »

Tata solar ETC system duro has a similar auxiliary tank and short vent pipe.
Attachments
IMAG0357.jpg
kraghum

Post by kraghum »

that's very good news, i never thought TATA had this. will call and enquire
maheshv

Post by maheshv »

I am trying to understand what is the actually benefit for the users
we moved to new house and using solar heater. Solar water gets so hot that we cannot use it directly and have to mix cold water. I never felt solar water becoming cold or warm after 2 or 3 ppl taking bath. It is still hot, only amount of cold water mixing reduced a little bit. That's it
Chandu

Post by Chandu »

Any one have recommendation for a solar water heater - I prefer Tube system - on my friend's recommended .
Tata BP Solar ,Solarizer ,Racold,Nuetech and Anu Solar are in my list.

Please share your thoughts.

Return to “Civil Construction”