Carpenter vs modular

ardesarchitects

Re: Carpenter vs modular

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi srinivas
Steel kitchens are good but then very costly .It has options of removing and reusing the same kitchen .I personally feel these are more useful for commercial establishments rather than residential .In residential we hardly require an option to move our kitchen from one place to other.

Regards
Ar.praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior Designers
ardesarchitects@yahoo.co.in
renushamira

Post by renushamira »

Spammers keep away from this site..........this site is monitored 24xx7
ADMIN TEAM
rachelrisa

Post by rachelrisa »

Spammers keep away from this site..........this site is monitored 24xx7
ADMIN TEAM
bkvenu

Post by bkvenu »

Hi all,
I want to reopen this old thread.
I agree that the cost and the quality for the ready made modular kitchen compaired to Carpenter work is costlier. But the main issue is in finding out the right carpenter and to trust him he does the good work and give a good finish at last. I have seen the work done a carpenter in one of my realtives house, it is totally crap. and now there are planning it to get rid of it. Total waste of money.
So considering this pain isn't it easy to belive the ready made one? alteast they assure of warrenty for some years.

I havent enuqired in any of the major brand show room yet,, but felt that ready made would be the tension free option. What do you say.??
Do any one have a idea how much an normal and basic modular kitchen would cost for 10'x8' kitchen.

Any one know how good the products of V3 Engineers are?

Venu
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi, Venu
Its not just about quality in carpenter vs modular .In designer things modular has many limitations .You cannot customize everything.If you need a ceiling panel matching to tv unit there is no option,wall pannel matching to wardrobe in bedroom there is no option
When you are looking for exclusive designs you should go with a proper designer and get it executed.If you depend on carpenter then you should accept what ever he makes.
Any carpenter need to be guided with proper details,since contemporary is all about simplicity & minor details.

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior Designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
mohanvk

Post by mohanvk »

Absolutely agree, Praveen, from personal experience!

Return to “Interiors”