Forming farming community

hosathota

Re: Forming farming community

Post by hosathota »

Nags,
count me in (my mobile number : nine eight four five one seven eight five zero seven), I sent a private message earlier to you.

Thanks
Vish
awin

Post by awin »

Hi Nagsbhat,

I am interested in this proposal. Both my parents have Ancestral Agricultural land in Karnataka and Bangalore outskirts and both have RTC/Paani in their respective names. I'm looking to invest with you guys as a passive investor - may be 1 to 2 acres max. Call me on Nine Five Nine One Nine One One Three Three One.
nagsbhat

Post by nagsbhat »

Hesh_Mysore wrote:Nags,

Point 7 as you say does not sound right. How can a person be restricted to just 2-3 acres when you and your friend have taken 10 acres each. This is not to be taken in the real estate spirit. Making the max to be 10 acres per person would be more fair. The reason I asked if it would be like an association was due to this very fact that people can buy now and just sell it off in a couple of yrs for some real estate developments ans your intention was not that and I appreciate that. So if there are some rules and an association only then this can be binding. That's also one of the reason I asked if the whole 100 acres have to be bought.

Also as you said, it is a very short notice, I am interested, but need some time to think and see if I can make my finances viable and also to get the understanding right.
Anyways, really nice initiative

Hesh
The reason for me and my friend trying to buy 10 acres each:
1. There are several challenges to form community and gather people to align with common thinking. Community works well (with some difference) till all legal formalities are complete. Then minor differences start developing. This should not cause either the owner to loose his sleep nor us to loose our sleep. I have seen some research where intentionally formed tightly coupled communities having troubles. That's why I am not keen to have any legal community other than to collect initial maintenance payment for common infrastructure and develop common infrastructure. What I am envisioning common infrastructure as: Some mud road, swales and electricity.

2. Deploying labor families. One labor family can maintain 5-6 acres depending on what we do and if we don't deploy 2-3 families they will feel lonely and bored.
3. Cost wise for 2-3 acres deploying 2-3 families is not viable.

I am meeting the landowner on the week end. Was not able to talk to him due to work load.
nagsbhat

Post by nagsbhat »

Dear All,

Thanks for your interests. That's really encouraging. Please send your respective email IDs as well in your messages. That will help me communicate. Will keep you posted by Sunday evening. My email ID is: nagsbhat@gmail.com

Some of you have expressed that you don't meet the regulatory requirements and I am meeting a person who promised me that he can get that legally done. Will update you by Sunday evening.

Regards,
Nagendra
senindra8

Post by senindra8 »

1. I agree with Hesh - I understand the landowner is interested to sell as a whole(100 acres) - if so, why to restrict people when they are ready to buy more than 2-3 acres... If needed, we all can share the workload or finding help.

2. What's the guarantee in future - that this land will not be converted to residential plots ? - Are there any legality in place and gets registered ?

3. Without a legal community - there will be always issues on the road and common facilities. When a community is being formed, the common land, facilities must be LEGAL and no one later in future can make claims or other encroachments....

I've seen developers start without forming a legal community and later after few years, owners in the community having issues - one or the other....

4. Out of 100 acres - how the land part is divided to each buyer ? who decides this ?

5. What type of agricultural land is this ? - are there any crops being cultivated in and around 10-15 kms ?

6. What's the source of water ?

7. How's the water level - if we dig borewell ? - what's the depth availability ?

8. Can we legal commitment from all - that we will do ONLY ORGANIC FARMING - NO pesticides etc. Is that possible ?
nagsbhat

Post by nagsbhat »

land3.jpg
land3.jpg (218.73 KiB) Viewed 10330 times
land2.jpg
land2.jpg (231 KiB) Viewed 10330 times
land1.jpg
land1.jpg (105.43 KiB) Viewed 10330 times
Dear All,

Had been to the place and took a long survey last Sunday and returned very late (Sorry could not update you).
In terms of water table, it appears good because of some near by farms are green. There are 2/3 small man made ponds that still has water. The entire land is elevated and hence, directing rain water can be naturally collected to may be enough for entire land during summer if sufficient land is allocated.

There are couple of things that we had not thought of when we looked at the paper and land. There are some roads inside the land that are part of the land area itself. The large ponds and a canal is also part of the land. Meaning that, 100+ acre is actually consists of land, road and canals and ponds. That means, unless measured we can't know how many acres will be actually available.

Document wise it will take 2-3 months to get it ready for sale. Since the current owner is buying from small farmers in different stages.

Will upload some photos.

Regards,
N
vishwas_bda

Post by vishwas_bda »

Thanks for the update, promising development!
Nagaraja

Post by Nagaraja »

Hi

I too am interested (saw this only today and not by the Feb 6 deadline)..Interested in buying an acre..If the opp is still open pls lemme know nagaraja2100 at gmail dot com...

Thanks
m3_07

Post by m3_07 »

Interesting...where are you on this folks??? R u still locked @ 12.5 lakh/ acre??

Even a barren land worth for nothing, sells much higher there.
sam_m400

Post by sam_m400 »

1 ) you mentioned that ""For both the above there is certain way to manage it legally with certain out of the pocket expenses."" ... Can you clarify how will it be managed ? If it it is clear we would be happy in participating...

2) My father used to have agricultural land and he sold it around 10 years back... Is any way i can buy agricultural land ? What document i need to procured to register under my name...

Return to “General”