House Construction - Experience

swamy_blr

Re: House Construction - Experience

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi Friends,

Last week we have completed the PCC (4" Inches) + Footing (18" Inches) + 4 Feet Plinth Column & Mud filling.
Now all the Column pits are filled with Mud and made flat. We have poured Water over the Mud to settle, so that all the loose portion gets compacted with mud. Additional Mud is needed to put once Mud is settled.

Next activities will be Excavation for SSM foundation (3 Courses of Size Stone Masonry is suggested to put across).
Over this Plinth Beam will be placed. Plinth Beam Size has been given of 9" X 15" across.

Additionally Excavation will be done for Sump Construction for 10000 - 12000 Litres and will be constructed with Red Clay bricks.

Let me know if any additional points to be considered at this stage.

rgds
Swamy
AbhiRK

Post by AbhiRK »

Hi Swamy,

Many Thanks for sharing your experience and progress of your dream house construction. This is a very useful thread that I have come across where you detail each and everything with current market price. I am closely following your comments in this forum and appreciate you to continue sharing your progress.

This is a good guidance for everyone who has a thought to construct the dream house.

Best Regards.
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi,Swamy
You can always make sump in 2 partitions for bore well and kauvery .It also helps you to clean one sump and then other later with out shut down time .

Regards ,
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/ardes.architects
http://www.ardesarchitects.com
swamy_blr

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi,

Thanks Praveen for reminding this, Actually I forgot this point which was considered in my Initial Plan about partition of Sump.
I got this partition input from one of our member done in his house (Venky/Ravivasudeva)

Excavation of Sump is done which costed me around 6000/- (Manually done)
Sump Capacity is 12000 Litres, PCC & Concrete Bedding is done upto 1 Feet from Pit Level. (Sump size = 8*7*7.6 excluding Plastering)
Sump wall will be started from Tomorrow onwards. Planning to put low cost White Tiles of size 1 X 1.5 Feet inside the Sump wall later.

Car parking is above this Sump, So little RCC Slab thickness will be increased to hold the strength.

Purchased Red Clay Wire Cut Bricks for 8.50/- per Brick (Including Transport + Unloading charges).
Quality is good. Tested for 1.5 days dipping in Water & dropping from 5 Feet.
Normal Table mould cost is 6.00 to 7.00/- But quality is not as good as Wire bricks and didn't liked the Finishing of table mould.

Will search again for Table mould bricks with good quality if I get for 6.00 to 6.50/- which will save at least 2 Rupees overall.

rgds
Swamy
swamy_blr

Post by swamy_blr »

Stagewise Photo.png
Some Photes of our Construction Progress - Site marking, Excavation, PCC, Mat & Footing Bar bending, Footing, Starter, Plinth Column
vpatil

Post by vpatil »

For a 12 sq.m by 9 sq.m plot, what is the maximum area and height that can be built.
Can a duplex house for self use (about 1900 sq.ft) & a 2/3 BHK house on top for renting out (about 1000 sq.ft) be built.

What all are excluded in calculating the Max FAR & Built up area.
swamy_blr

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi Patil,

Looks like your is 40 x 30 Plot, As per my knowledge the FAR for this would be 1.75, from this you can able to construct G + 2.
The max height of building would be 37-38 Feet & Maximum area for construction will be 2600 - 2700 SQFT as per Law

You can able to construct Duplex house + 2/3 BHK house on top of Duplex with 5-10% deviation (Your's total will be 1900+1000 = 2900 Sqft)

Other experts can clarify on this.

rgds
Swamy
swamy_blr

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi Friends,

We have completed the SSM Foundation (Paaya) work with 3 Courses of Size Stone, Here are below details -

1) Earth Excavation for Foundation (Full work 2 Feet width & 3 Feet Depth) - Rs 4000/-
2) Size Stone (3 Lorry Loads) + 1 Tracker Load Boulders For Packing between Size Stone + 40 mm jelly (PCC) before putting Size stone.
3) Cement (Around 25 Bags Birla Super 53 Grade)
4) M Sand

SSM Foundation is required for any House Construction as it helps in retaining the filled Soil & it will avoid Rodents mainly which makes the soil loose below the Plinth, Some Engineers don't suggest Foundation (Paaya) and asked to put Plinth beam directly with 5 Inch 40mm Jelly PCC, Please don't agree with that as it will save just 30-40 thousand, putting Foundation has lot of benefits and peace of mind.

Plinth beam rods are put above the Foundation as per the details provided (Plinth beam 9*15 (9" width & 15" Depth) with 12mm rods.

rgds
Swamy
swamy_blr

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi,

We have completed the Sump tank and Plinth Beam

Sump Tank details
Size : 8*7*7.6 = 12000 Litres
Total Red clay wire cut bricks used (9x4x3) = 2250 nos
Cement used = Birla Super 53 For PCC & Bricks laying & Bharthi PPC for Plastering (4-5 Bags)
Round Cornering done at the 4 edges
Didn't gone for Plastic steps as it might leak after some use (Instead will use Aluminium ladder to get down to Sump for cleaning purpose)
RCC slab was put to cover the Sump & 2 X 2 Size for Manhole

Plinth beam

9*15 Size Plinth beam put across above the SSM Foundation
Steel used : JSW NEO (12mm & 16mm)
Cement used : Birla Super 53 grade (Around 30 bags)

Sand filling in progress & additional 2-3 Tractors load is needed to fill up as per requirement. Water filling to be done & then 40mm Jelly with PCC to be done.

rgds
Swamy
skndr

Post by skndr »

Hi Swamy
Good progress ,, plz upload pics .

Thank you

Return to “Civil Construction”