House Plan for Review (78*40 Size) - East Facing

sagarcv

House Plan for Review (78*40 Size) - East Facing

Post by sagarcv »

Hello All,

I am planning to start construction soon. Attached is the floor plan for Ground + 3 floor. (Draft plan A & B)
Requesting you to please go through the plan and provide valuable inputs. I am planning to construct for rental purpose only .

Site is located at Kudlu gate, Next to Electronic city.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Vidya
Attachments
2 BHK Units Plan B.pdf
Plan B
(109.08 KiB) Downloaded 513 times
2BHK Units Plan A.pdf
Plan A
(115.82 KiB) Downloaded 504 times
sreejith6628

Re: House Plan for Review (78*40 Size) - East Facing

Post by sreejith6628 »

Both the options seem Vaastu Compliant. However in Plan A the open Spaces in between units might not be warranted as you are looking at rental accommodation. This would also increase your cost of construction as you are looking at separate walls and not common Walls.

I would suggest rather increase the set backs on either sides so that ventilation is not affected. Also the plan here seems to only for one Floor. Are you replicating the same on other floors ? Do check with architect on parking spaces and how many vehicles they are able to accomodate as i see a lot of Columns marked in your drawing.
vfmbuilders

Post by vfmbuilders »

Here are my comments Sagar

PLAN A
1) No branded lift will fit without customization, in such small location, minimum 5'1"x5'1" is required. usually architects give 5'3"x5'3". :(
2) Bedrooms are too small, after wardrobes it will be bad than a hotel room.
3) kitchen will be too congested after refrigerator installation.
4) 3ft wide staircase will be small for such huge building.
5) if u are looking at vastu, external staircase can be installed in more places and internal staircase can also be installed in more places.
Common strategy is to reduce the passages and common area for maximum carpet area.
here u have setbacks allover which i agree but, two additional passages of 6ft and 5ft is an overkill of place.

Plan B
1) Lift size is okay. 5'3" is sufficient for lifts like KONE and 6 passenger.
2) bedrooms are small
3) small staircase.
4) better to have dimensions shown wall to wall to know which dimension is for width and breadth.
5) Kitchen is way to small
6) empty space has balcony, good. :)
Naveenraj123

Post by Naveenraj123 »

Plan B is better.
thankulns

Post by thankulns »

Hi..Mr.Sagar

The plan looks very preliminary level for such a big site you need to relook in to the requirements and draft a plan with good Architect.I suggest dont go with any of the plans since u will waste lot of space.
good luck for your construction.

regards
lakshminarayanaswamy
tvsh

Post by tvsh »

I think you have wasted lot of space. You can have the lift in the 6 feet wide balcony at the opposite end of the stairs. You can have two ducts for utility and lighting between the houses and use the empty space and make the houses bigger. This will make the apartments bigger for slightly higher cost.
ragalax

Post by ragalax »

i agree with tvsh, lift is not at a proper position.
i am building 3 2BHKs per floor near kudalu gate which is close to you i think on a 48x66 site i have a slightly different approach for lift, you can visit my building to have different idea. i am unable to attache the copy of my plan here.
send me PM if you need my number.
rajesh113_ch

Post by rajesh113_ch »

Hi Sagar,
plan B is better.
as per plan B living room size is good.
if i consider the plot size that you have, bath room size 4x5 is bit small it can be made big by leaving the proper setbacks.
if the you can plan fit lift and staircase such way that you get bigger bedroom/bath room sizes.
kitchen size also can be increased by 1 feet in length.
because of your lift position your loosing around 250 sft area.
and this is going to cost you more, approximately 4-5 lakhs because of extra columns and walls.
on the whole i feel this can be improved in terms of area utilization and cost by keeping the vastu intact.
consider one flat facing north/west then you will get better utilization.
let me know if you want to have a chat.
pv_prasanna

Post by pv_prasanna »

Hi Sagar, Construction for rental purpose needs lot of space optimization. You need to spend time with an architect to get a good design. I will share the number of the architect who design my residence. His number is 9886156030
sagarcv

Post by sagarcv »

Hello All,

I am personally thankful to you all for great inputs / suggestions /ideas and could not respond on time as I was occupied with other things.

Now I understand space utilization is key for rental and I notice Plan A is not as expected. This makes me to think of my Plan.

My intention to go for Plan A in the form of 3 units/blocks, to provide better ventilation for the middle flat so that one can enjoy with fresh air and ventilation. It seems my assumption proven as wrong.

I was quite hesitant to go for Plan B as I do not wish to be too much of commercial for the below reasons:
1. My plans is construct Stilt (Parking) + 4 floors
2. If I go for plan B, too many units in building like 4 units of 2 BHKs and 12 Units of 1 BHKs. However the anticipated rent remains same. The current rent for 2 BHK is 12K and 1 BHK is 8 K. Rent wise not much difference... but only advantage would be 1 BHK movement might be faster than 2 BHK...
3. Many units create lot of nuisance with mix of 1 BHK & 2 BHK and kind of people going to live in it. I may have to rent 1 BHK for Bachelors... in that case other families may get disturbed.
3. Water and Maintenance issues.

Keeping above things, I was more interested on Plan A but I need to re-look into it.

Here with attaching another Plan C which I kept it aside as it has got common walls. But it seems I may have to think of that plan after looking suggestions from all of you... Requesting you guys to review and share your thought process /inputs on Plan C....

Once again thank you for help ... Here I attach Plan C
Attachments
2 BHK Units Plan C.pdf
(109.08 KiB) Downloaded 406 times

Return to “Civil Construction”