BESCOM and BWSSB fees for new buildings

sk1976

BESCOM and BWSSB fees for new buildings

Post by sk1976 »

Hi,
I am constructing 3.5 floors of residential space that will be used for both rental and own use. Since there will be 6 dwelling units in these 3.5 floors, I will need 6 separate electrical meters + another meter for the motors (borewell + sump ). For this,
1) I have seen some houses having 3-4 floors with more than 6 units without a separate transformer. But I hear from some people that, I need to install a transformer specifically for my building. Could you please share your experience?
2)How much does BESCOM charge(official+bribe) for installation of meters as well as the transformer?.
3) How much will the transformer cost for this kind of requirement. I am looking for a transformer that will fit within 2 ft by 5 ft
4) How much BWSSB charges for providing cauvery water connection as well as sewerage lines. There is a water pipe/sewerage line that is already connecting other houses in that street.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Regards,
Selva
appvvy

Re: BESCOM and BWSSB fees for new buildings

Post by appvvy »

Hi Selva,

Did you get any more information on Point-1 of your query?. Pls share if any.

Other members, if you have any information related to Point-1 pls share. Also even if the built-up area is more than 500 sqmtr and the load applied/used is less than 25KVA does the owner of such building still have to put up a transformer for the building?

Rgds
Akash.
appvvy

Post by appvvy »

Praveen, Tvsh, Others,

Can you pls reply if you aware on the below?

Rgds
Akash.
ByJupiter

Post by ByJupiter »

I have a brochure of a layout called Golden Homes Phase III. The cost includes land+construction so the cost breakup contains a line called "Power and sanitary connection @ Rs 150/sft builtup area + service tax =" This is for a single house on a single plot. Since you have multiple dwellings, the cost might be higher but maybe you can take this number as a rough starting number.
appvvy

Post by appvvy »

Thanks for the reply ByJupiter. But do you know when the Transformer needs to be put up or there is no need for a Transformer for a single house without any tenants and the load taken is less than 25KVA.

Rgds
Akash.
ByJupiter

Post by ByJupiter »

Unfortunately, I have no idea about those things more than what you already know.
ganeshncm

Post by ganeshncm »

If your constructed area is above 500 sq mt , irrespective of your load, they force you to go for a transformer. It is a night mare and extremely extremely depressing experience. Mine exceeded by 200sq ft and my load is 8 KVA only. Total cost is 12 to 15L and something something is about 3L+...this is the most painful part of house construction...
appvvy wrote:
November 23rd, 2012, 10:55 am
Hi Selva,

Did you get any more information on Point-1 of your query?. Pls share if any.

Other members, if you have any information related to Point-1 pls share. Also even if the built-up area is more than 500 sqmtr and the load applied/used is less than 25KVA does the owner of such building still have to put up a transformer for the building?

Rgds
Akash.

Return to “General”