Started My Eco-Friendly Nest

msn1270

Re: Started My Eco-Friendly Nest

Post by msn1270 »

Bathroom Tiles laying work completed. used 2x1 ft tile size and did tiling for the full wall till the roof level, rather than the standard just 5 or 7 ft height, as the cost of painting and tiling comes to the same. Meanwhile maintaining cleanliness of Tiles is easier than the plastered & painted walls especially where the space is always watery, moisture and scaling is a regular issues. For the bathroom flooring we used the sadarahalli stone of 2X1 ft which is anti-skid and durable and looks more of natural.

Along with it, Staircase stone laying work is also done. Used kota Stone for the Staircase.
Attachments
BRT1.jpeg
BRT1.jpeg (79.06 KiB) Viewed 18078 times
BRT2.jpeg
Kota.jpeg
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

currently Grey water recycling filters got installed, which is a 3 stage filtering processing. First phase removed the suspended particles from the water, second phase removes the micro dust particles and third one is carbon filtering which eliminates the color and odor of the water. Apart from this there will be small pumps used to recycle the water within the grey water Sump as well as at the Over Head Tank

This water will be pumped to the separate Over Head tank and will be used for the secondary usages like Toilet Flushing, Terrace and / or outdoor gardening, car wash, outdoor cleaning...etc.
Attachments
RW1.jpeg
RW2.jpeg
RW3.jpeg
rjblr

Post by rjblr »

Nice one msn.
I look forward to your posts.
house is coming out really well.
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

Majority of the residents of the urban areas, having the attitude they can buy the water by spending money, which is actually dangerous for the urban lifestyle. Moreover with my own personal experience, BWSSB is decreasing the water supply year on year and also the ground water level is depleting year on year due to increasing number of borewells as well as residential activities. Hence for an effective long term solution, Rainwater harvesting and if possible Greywater recycling is very much essential for our future survival. Most of the Tanker water supplied is not potable and not good for our consumption at all. Many tanker water suppliers suck water from the nearby most polluted lakes and bleaches it and sell it to the end users in the name of Mineral Water.

I've seen there are many Mineral water units very next to the Bellandur Lake (Most toxic Lake in the City) & other lakesides. Majority of the Residents or the Apartment Owners doesn't even care to test the water supplied by these kind of Tanker service providers. All they feel is having a RO Water filter will solve all the problems. RO Purifier Wastes 66% of the water and also very expensive and doesn't solve the potable water requirement. Even as per the recent study report, the so called Public PURE Water Filtering system installed by the elected representatives in all wards and other towns is also of substandard and below potable usage. But lazy urbanites in order to avoid using Water Purifier at home, many people will be standing in Que at these centers every day to collect water from here at Rs. 2 to 5 for 25 liters. Instead people need to change their attitude.

Rainwater is the best quality potable water which is free from all kinds of minerals and superior quality than the water supplied by BWSSB or any other sources.

For my new house, Apart from the RWH, I'm also using "Jalsevak" Solution for the Greywater recycling. Its an in house water recycling solution developed by the IIT Kanpur professors promoted by the Government of India and marketed by Jalconserve Technologies Pvt is an Indian start-up based in Navi Mumbai. For more details on the Greywater Recycling and various levels, you can visit their website. https://www.jalsevak.in/

There are plenty of other players in this domain for various capacities. If you have a bigger plot or open field, you can adopt much more cost effective and natural solutions for greywater purification. All you need is interest in conserving the precious water and little bit of space for making a separate sump, a separate Over Head tank, pump and plumbing for recycling the water. You also need to clean the Membrane filters at regular intervals for smooth operation of the system.
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

I have not made to make a separate Pooja Room in order to avoid additional walls inside, which also requires Separate walls, doors and occupies space, which hurdles natural light and ventilation, and also may not be useful for any other way. Hence I planned for an open pooja space using Wooden Pooja Mantap. At the same time, I was looking for thinking of disposing my old Teak wood Dining table of at least 35 years Old. While discussing these points with my architect, They came up with upcycling of my Dining table to fulfill my requirement.

My Dining table was 5X4 size with 6 chairs. Instead of disposing it, they used few chair skeletons and the legs and the top platform of my dining table and transformed it into a Pooja Mantap, 2 Study Table(one for my WFH and one for my kids).

Similarly I have planned for a SWING at the the living Hall. For that also, they came up with an idea of using an old door and transformed it into the SWING Platform. overall this activity avoided use of new wood planks(There by avoided cutting Trees) and upcycled my old wood items for all my new requirement.
Attachments
Swing.jpeg
Study Table.jpeg
Pooja Mantap.jpeg
Pooja Mantap.jpeg (31.92 KiB) Viewed 16648 times
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

Now the first phase of Fabrication works in progress, which includes Car Parking Gates, Regular 3ft gate for daily use, Staircase Grill coverage, Balcony Grills are done.

Ready made teak wood Main Door also fixed.
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2022-09-13 at 4.11.24 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-09-13 at 4.09.30 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-09-13 at 4.09.30 PM.jpeg (73.91 KiB) Viewed 16307 times
WhatsApp Image 2022-09-13 at 4.10.14 PM.jpeg
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

This weekend installed the new Bio-Mass Hot water Boiler or Wood-Fired Boiler, also popularly known as Gujarat Boiler for a conventional way of heating the water for bathing. Its a 60 Ltr Capacity suitable for 4-5 members need. This will be used as an alternate option to heat the water either on weekends or during consecutive cloudy/raining days, where Solar water heater will not be able to generate hot water. It can maintain Hot water between 2 to 6 hours based on the season.

Coconut Shell is a regular byproduct from our kitchen and also we get Carton Boxes or paper wastes from various purchases, we reuse them to heat the water. The ash generated from this can be reused for making Manure along with Kitchen wet waste or can even be used to cleaning our Kitchen utensils, which was our traditional practice 15-20 years ago.
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2022-12-05 at 10.30.45 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-12-05 at 10.30.44 AM.jpeg
deltaking

Post by deltaking »

Hi @msn,

I am impressed with the work done in this project. I am looking to start my construction in the next couple of months. Can you please share your number? So that I can talk to you and understand this process?

Thanks,
Venkat
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

Hi Venkat

check your mailbox.
anjali.sangwan

Post by anjali.sangwan »

Hi sir can you share an estimate on how much the civil work costed you approximately and how much was the area for the house ?

Return to “General”