Connecting sewerage pipe to BWSSB line

ppm123

Connecting sewerage pipe to BWSSB line

Post by ppm123 »

I would like to know from those who know how the sewerage pipe from the chamber in my building is to be connected to BWSSB sewerage line . Is it necessary to connect to the chamber only or it can be connected ro the line in between two BWSSB chambers. I cannot connect to the chamber as the road is sloping and chamber is on the elevated side . The owner opposite to my house was objecting to the connection to the line which comes in front of the road opposite to his home . Shall appreciate your replies to sort out the matter
msn1270

Re: Connecting sewerage pipe to BWSSB line

Post by msn1270 »

Generally Sewer lines will not be connected to the BWSSB Chamber directly. It's always connected to the Pipeline between the two chambers which is nearest to your house outlet. Also as mentioned by you, one of the BWSSB Chamber is on the upper side & connecting to the other one which is on lower side may take bigger effort. Usually the Sewer Pipelines will be on either side of the road when the roads are wider or at the middle of the road if the road width is smaller.

Sometimes Neighbor's objecting for such activities is a matter of concern as they feel they may have to face any issues in the future in case of pipe damages. or the road will be dug in front of their house which is in good shape and this will not be re-filled either by you or from BWSSB/BBMP forever. In fact they must remember, their house connection also will be there around that point only, which they conveniently forget.

Speak to them and convince and guarantee them once the work is over you will refill that area where the road was cut out. Legally they can't object for such activities once you have necessary permissions.
ppm123

Re: Connecting sewerage pipe to BWSSB line

Post by ppm123 »

What an amazing reply . Really you are very knowledgeable and no words are enough to thank you sir . I will go ahead accordingly

Return to “General”