Question about Original doc verification by Bank

sun244

Question about Original doc verification by Bank

Post by sun244 »

Friends,

I am trying to sell a site (40x60) and buyer has applied for Bank loan (Union Bank). The lawyer who is doing verification wants to see a bunch of Original documents at his office. I have already submitted all the copies. This is the first time I am coming across where the Bank wants to see original documents. I am travelling and I have to ask someone else in my family to go. Wanted to make sure their safety and also seeing Originals is normal practice. Can the members here please share their experiences?

Thank You
Sun
msprasanna

Re: Question about Original doc verification by Bank

Post by msprasanna »

As far as I know its normal that Banks want to see and verify the originals along with the copies you submitted earlier. When I was buying, my seller had to show all the originals to Bank and that's how I know this is normal practice.
crajakumar

Post by crajakumar »

Can the loan manager at a branch of the same bank (SBI for example) in another town verify the original documents and pass on the info to the branch where the loan is applied ? If the answer is YES can anyone let me know the procedure.

Thanks
Charles Rajakumar
11/7/2022
sun244

Post by sun244 »

msprasanna wrote:
November 2nd, 2022, 9:50 am
As far as I know its normal that Banks want to see and verify the originals along with the copies you submitted earlier. When I was buying, my seller had to show all the originals to Bank and that's how I know this is normal practice.
Thank you

Return to “General”