RED ALERT!!! --> BBMP Garbage Unit at Banashankari 6th Stage

blrsiteseeker

Re: RED ALERT!!! --> BBMP Garbage Unit at Banashankari 6th S

Post by blrsiteseeker »

certainly fight with the "NIMBY" - not in my back yard thought line. but also provide the administrators with solutions. What are the alternatives - how can we reduce the amount of waste generated, how can it be processed such that it is not smelly, toxic or nauseous, is there something.

check out all the initiatives other cities are following to reduce or eliminate waste. San Francisco is working to become zero waste city - http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/climate- ... ing_01-25/

I myself have reduced the amount of garbage I generate at home. We used to have twice a week garbage pickup, but now we have once a week - which is most of the times not even half a garbage can full. For one, I recycle almost everything possible, and then compost most of the rest, even the house dust, lint, hair etc. can go in compost. So if everyone of us tried to reduce the amount of waste, perhaps there won't be a need for such processing centers.

In addition to this, we need to figure out a way to green up the city (all the construction has affected the climate adversely and if we don't do something about it, we will be in serious trouble). Basically, we all need to work on conservation of energy, water, reduce waste, and reduce petrol consumption. I wonder if that is going to be possible, but i do see many folks working towards that goal and hopefully it will spread and become the norm.
prathpj

Post by prathpj »

Hi all, here is the online petition on this issue, please join this campaign by signing the petition.

http://www.change.org/en-IN/petitions/s ... e_petition
sukhoi

Post by sukhoi »

Just came across this latest update:

http://www.newindianexpress.com/cities/ ... 486027.ece
f1raghu

Post by f1raghu »

Guys, because of this the rates in 5th Block have come down drastically. Or may be the agents are scaring property owners and purchasing them with lower price. One example is 1 person who had bought by paying 5K per sft has sold it for 4200 for an agent.
So my suggestion for all 5th block owners would be, not to panic. Waste management unit is being done scientifically but ya there is always a disbelief with BBMP, we never know how well they will manage this.
Also i would like to know will this dump yard have any impact on the prices of other blocks?
hps_prasad

Re: RED ALERT!!! --> BBMP Garbage Unit at Banashankari 6th Stage

Post by hps_prasad »

Hi
Could anyone tell me the present status of Garbage segregation unit at Banashankari.
vishalv

Re: RED ALERT!!! --> BBMP Garbage Unit at Banashankari 6th Stage

Post by vishalv »

hps_prasad wrote:
January 1st, 2022, 1:23 pm
Hi
Could anyone tell me the present status of Garbage segregation unit at Banashankari.
The plant is fully operational and generating foul smell in the surrounding area.

Return to “BSK IV to VI BDA”