A khata for Layout but not for Individual sites

hkrish

Re: A khata for Layout but not for Individual sites

Post by hkrish »

Thanks to chidu, arvindc for additional knowledge.

@Krish said I'm not sure about developer getting A-Katha for entire layout without providing basic amenities

@Krish, as arvindc had rightly told there is no such thing required as A-katha for entire layout, but only individual plots.
And regarding providing amenities, most such layouts dont have any park or water tank/Common amenties

Let me take this to next step to list layouts, where i have saved myself from purchasing, as my friends
or legal were kind enough to save me. These layouts sold plots like hot-cakes in the last year and still doing the same.
And if ANYONE who owns a plot in these layouts, but successfully got Katha, please
let us know, as it is learning experience for everyone in this forum:

Layouts in Bangalore East (K.R.Puram, Whitefield side) - whole land A-katha, individual B-katha:
1. Origin villa homes, Belathur Rd, K.R.Puram
2. Samruddhi Layout, Belathur Rd, K.R.Puram
3. Muneshwara Layout, Belathur Rd, K.R.Puram
4. Brindavan Layout, Seegehalli, K.R.Puram
5. Anjanadri Layout, Kodigehalli, K.R.Puram
6. Another BBMP-A Katha layout in Devsandra Main road (connecting road from Old madras road to Hoodi)
7. Several Layouts behind Garden City college, and in T.C.Palya main road to Ramamurthy Nagar
8. Many more layouts near K.R.puram market, ayyappa nagar, seegehalli, kodigehalli etc,.

As far as i could learn, newly formed layouts dont seem be able to get katha. One may try in older areas of BBMP or CMC to get katha,
but price is too high.
Infact, many of the lawyers are also not aware of this, which is the SAD part. Infact on of the lawyers questioned me back, asking why should you
not get katha, when the whole land has A-katha.

Very few understand that developers are using a loop-hole to create illegal (future) dead layouts and move off. Somehow government should
close this loop-hole to stop creation of B-kathas, and THEN re-inforce akrama, sakrama.

Rgds
hkrish
panandh

Post by panandh »

@ All,

Thanks for the details.

@hkrish, I was about to purchase a plot in origin, thanks to you, I'm saved from a lots of trouble.
hkrish

Post by hkrish »

Few more layouts, which are in same category whole land A-katha, individual B-katha, for which i wasted valuable weekends and petrol

Sai Sankalpa - in Kalkere, Hormavu side
Sankalpa Perl - in Varthur, Whitefield

Few of may friends who bought sites in these layouts have obviously not got katha
shibram

Post by shibram »

If BBMP wants to discourage splitting of a bigger A khata plot into smaller B khata plots, why do they register sale of such sites? Where is the loop hole in the system ?
hkrish

Post by hkrish »

Loop hole in the system is the conditional affidavit given to developer with Katha (for whole land) to the owner/developer, as mentioned by Chidu earlier.
It (a temporary katha) is given with intention that the owner will properly make a layout (leaving 45% to common amenities like road, park), and get the layout approved.
But the developer/owner never makes such a layout with 45% for CA. Why should he leave some area for park or water tank, transformer, when he can make that also as a site and sell it off. He wants to sell ALL as plots, make money and push off.

BBMP also does not care because they put rules, but developer/owner has found a loop-hole and not making a proper layout.
BBMP gives A-katha for whole layout, indirectly influencing the builder to go for apartment, than layout. And if its a proper layout, then they need adhere to layout norms, pay betterment for every plot and get katha (which the builder is not interested), and since its not complied BBMP takes it as unauthorised layout.
So what if its not authorised says BBMP ? We will get money from plot owners tomorrow, when akrama-sakrama comes, at that time we will get money (betterment/fine) and give them katha. What is the urgency, is what they think.

However please note the sale is valid. Your name will come in EC, RTC, mutation records etc,.
Only issue is due to NO-Katha (ie,. B-katha), you wont get construction loan or plan approval.

Only way to prevent this is:
1).Government has to put a rule, that NO-registrations can happen, unless seller shows the Original Katha for that plot during registration date.
which means that developer has to obtain katha for every plot in their name.
2).And for all registrations happened before, govt. must accept betterment/penalty and give katha.

Here is what i personally believe, as mentioned in other posts "Current system favours apartments than plots"
Government WONT fix this, they actually LOVE this complication/loop hole, because owning a plot of land, makes salaried folks, IT guys, employees, Non-karnataka folks to become richer. Instead if they have complicated system, like this A-katha, B-katha,.blah,. blah,. it will FORCE people to buy apartments, and make all of us sit like monkeys inside apartment, owning only 300 sft of undivided share and pay EMI for 60 lacs for the rest of our lives, while business men, politicians, who can afford HARD-cash, can go for buying plots and villas. Even if you buy a plot with Katha (it is either BDA plot which can be bought dominantly by kannadigas only or if it is BDA approved private layout plot), you cannot get it unless you pay a huge price to government for approvals (like the way confident builders do), and finally buyers like us pay for it.

Its very simple logic from government, politicians, that you cannot become rich by owning plots, without we getting a major share of it, in the name complicated approvals.
If you by-pass any loop hole (ie,. buy a low priced B-katha), then you cannot get plan approvals, and need to wait for akrama-sakrama, and in that time also they will get a penalty and give katha
bhavesha

Post by bhavesha »

Thanks everyone who posted in this thread to help understand this jargon better....

I have a question though, I have seen a similar layout in Hennur....which is A khatha, BDA NOC & panchayat approved... If only problem of buying these properties is construction loan, this layout is approved by Axis bank for site & construction loans...can i go for it?
avd437

Post by avd437 »

Hi Bhavesha,

What is the layout name in hennur road ?
pursh_bennur

Post by pursh_bennur »

Thindlu, Kempa pura have these kind of plots.I was about to fall into one of the plots in thindlu but got saved after my lawyer took a look at the papers.
rangavittala

Post by rangavittala »

For layout/sites on converted land bbmp giving A khatha by collecting betterment charges, check with respective ARO,BBMP
kdvs

Post by kdvs »

thanks for this post, I was about to buy a plot mentioned in one of the above mentioned layouts, Thank God I went for a second lawyer opinion after seeing this post. The 2nd Lawyer checked under What CDP zone the layout comes under and found that its in Logistics zone, not residential.

Having a residential plot in non residential zones of CDP is always risky was his opinion and he suggested me not to buy.

You can consult this lawyer for an opinion: H.S Muniraju 9448094611, 7795508045. His office is @ Hoodi circle, He charges a nominal fee of 1000Rs unlike 3k or 5k by other lawyers.

Return to “Documents”