ಕನಸಿನ ಮನೆ ಪ್ರಾರಂಭೋತ್ಸವ (Dream house construction started )

manomur

ಕನಸಿನ ಮನೆ ಪ್ರಾರಂಭೋತ್ಸವ (Dream house construction started )

Post by manomur »

Hi All,
I am Manohar regular visitor of mybdasites and its been phenomenal experience and the knowledge that I have acquired through this forum all these years. Its all started when I purchased site in 2018 July, I started doing research on house plans, models, materials requirements, construction experience of house owners etc luckily I found this forum and become a member of this group instantly.
Its all most took 4 years for me to start realizing my dream house, yes finally with God's grace I am able to start my project this year. My plot dimension is 30 x 50 east facing and my plan is to construct G + 2, ground floor 2bhk rental unit and remaining space is for parking where 2 cars can be parked parallelly with provision for 5 bikes first and second floor is duplex and third floor is one multipurpose room with open terrace for terrace gardening.
As I have plans for doing RWH and based on my terrace space availability I decided to have sump of at least 25000 litres capacity with 2 portion, one for regular use i.e. bore water provided by layout with 8000 litres and other one is for storing rain water. Thanks for Mr. Sampath (mybdasite member) for helping me to decide the sump capacity.
It was always in mind that I want to be part of my dream project so decided to go with Labour contract and provide the materials on my own. I had a little experience of of Labour contract as 6 years back I did alteration of my house back in my native which almost took 2 months to complete the same.
Luckily I met my family friend who started his project back in 2020 with Labour contract, I was constantly in touch with him and was following up his project. Some times I used to share my knowledge which I have acquired through this forum.
I was really impressed the work of his mestri and architect , so decided to go ahead with this combo for my project as well. As I was very peculiar about my plan with four years of my research it was easy to convey my requirement to the architect. It almost took 7 rounds and 2 months of discussion to finalize the plan of my dream house.
Coming to the mestri , we needed one of round of discussion for price negotiation as my friend was using cement blocks but my choice was red bricks that to size of 9" x 4" x 3". So before having discussion with him I just enquired with one more mestri where he quoted 30k per unit (10 x 10 sqft) including compound wall. Sump, Chain link staircase & complex elevation design extra. Actually it was a good deal to go with him comparing to the current market trend for red bricks construction but I haven't seen his work and moreover on personal front I didn't like his way of communication. With this discussion in mind we started price negotiation with my friend's mestri, he quoted 35k excluding sump, chain link staircase and elevation. We felt the price is too high, I was ready to close the deal for 32k but he was very adamant at 34k. He was telling so many stories and hardship involved in red bricks construction, he was emphasizing much on one point that finding and retaining Labour having skills of red bricks construction in current market is very difficult it seems. Finally he came down to 33k but quoting extra 40k for RCC sump, 3000 Rs/Chain link step and elevation based on design. We still felt the price is too exorbitant especially with chain link steps. In my case at least we are getting 40 steps , so based on his price it would be around 1 lack 20 thousand extra for steps. I knew from the discussion of Rashmi that price of one chain link step is going to be around 1500 Rs, so based on that calculation I decide to finalize it for 35K including everything. Initially he was not accepting asking extra for elevation with 35k deal but finally we made him to agree including everything. I am not sure whether this is a good deal or not w.r.t to current market but have decided to go with him for the quality of his work.
As Labour contract is finalized did Bhoomi pooja on 23rd of June and shifted my house from electronic city to layout. Today going to start shed construction so sourced a 10 wheeler load of M sand for 24k and cement blocks of 34 Rs each. Now need to get 6 bags of cement and a iron door so signing off for the day..
Last edited by manomur on July 4th, 2022, 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
msn1270

Re: ಕನಸಿನ ಮನೆ ಪ್ರಾರಂಭೋತ್ಸವ (Dream house construction started )

Post by msn1270 »

ನಮಸ್ತೆ ಮನೋಹರ್
ನಿಮ್ಮ ಕನಸಿನ ಹೊಸ ಮನೆ ಕಟ್ಟುವ ಶುಭ ಕಾರ್ಯಕ್ಕೆ ಹಾರ್ದಿಕ ಅಭಿನಂದನೆಗಳು ಹಾಗು ಭಗವಂತ ನಿಮ್ಮ ಎಲ್ಲ ಕಾರ್ಯಗಳನ್ನ ನಿರ್ವಿಘ್ನವಾಗಿ ನೆರವೇರಿಸಲಿ. ಸಾಧ್ಯವಾದರೆ ಸಮೀಪದ ಭೂವರಾಹ ಸ್ವಾಮಿ ದೇವಾಲಯಕ್ಕೆ ಭೇಟಿ ನೀಡಿ ನಿಮ್ಮ ಕೋರಿಕೆಯನ್ನ ಸಲ್ಲಿಸಿ ಬನ್ನಿ.
arunraoh

Post by arunraoh »

Hi Manohar,
Congratulations on your dream house. Where is the location? Which cement and steel are you purchasing?
DarshanS

Post by DarshanS »

Congratulations and All The Best!

Please do share your experience here.
SAMPATH S

Post by SAMPATH S »

Happy to know that you have begun construction of your dream house. At the outset let me wish you the very best in your endeavour.
Glad to know that you have planned for RWH and have proposed sumps of sufficiently large capacity. My small suggestion is not to plan for water guzzling fixtures and appliances, as water is a scare commodity and conservation of water is our duty to Mother Nature.
With rainwater you can not only enjoy the purest source of free water but also zero calcification.
In case you need any help in this regard, please feel free to get in touch.
manomur

Post by manomur »

arunraoh wrote:
July 4th, 2022, 3:38 pm
Hi Manohar,
Congratulations on your dream house. Where is the location? Which cement and steel are you purchasing?
Location : Sunny Green Woods layout near Huskur which is 4 km from Electronic City.
I am planning to use JSW steel because my native is Toranagallu (Bellary district) where JSW factory is located and one of my relatives work in the factory and he says much of steel is produced from iron ore only.
Cement planning to use Ultratech i.e. PPC cement (which is slow setting but gains more strength).
manomur

Post by manomur »

msn1270 wrote:
July 4th, 2022, 11:22 am
ನಮಸ್ತೆ ಮನೋಹರ್
ನಿಮ್ಮ ಕನಸಿನ ಹೊಸ ಮನೆ ಕಟ್ಟುವ ಶುಭ ಕಾರ್ಯಕ್ಕೆ ಹಾರ್ದಿಕ ಅಭಿನಂದನೆಗಳು ಹಾಗು ಭಗವಂತ ನಿಮ್ಮ ಎಲ್ಲ ಕಾರ್ಯಗಳನ್ನ ನಿರ್ವಿಘ್ನವಾಗಿ ನೆರವೇರಿಸಲಿ. ಸಾಧ್ಯವಾದರೆ ಸಮೀಪದ ಭೂವರಾಹ ಸ್ವಾಮಿ ದೇವಾಲಯಕ್ಕೆ ಭೇಟಿ ನೀಡಿ ನಿಮ್ಮ ಕೋರಿಕೆಯನ್ನ ಸಲ್ಲಿಸಿ ಬನ್ನಿ.
ಖಂಡಿತವಾಗಿಯೂ ಹೋಗಲು ಪ್ರಯ್ತ್ನಿಸುತ್ತೆನೆ . ಧನ್ಯವಾದಗಳು
manomur

Post by manomur »

Good morning everyone,
Yesterday shed construction started and by the EOD 4 feet wall has come up all three sides and back side we have layout compound wall. Mestri told us 6 bags of cement is required but I bought 8 cement bags of Ramco from near by cement vendor. Actually its overpricing but I left with no other option as I was supposed to source the cement for immediate requirement. We took 2nd hand Iron door which was in good condition for Rs 3K, tried to bargain at 2K but he was reluctant to offer our price. A new one costs around 4.5K including transportation it may come around 5k, so thought purchasing him from him can save around 2K. In our layout we have so many cement sheets so we will be checking their condition and will source the same.
Made a drum arrangement from my layout and drawn water from alternative neighboring site's sump. I need to make my own arrangement for water as I cannot rely on neighboring site for water every day because it is material contract and they have their own calculations. I stay exactly 130 Ft (30 Ft road + 50 Ft. vacant site + 50 Ft current staying house) opposite to my site, so I need to bring water pump and minimum of 30m hose pipe for drawing water from my sump. I was in the dilemma to buy external water pump or openwell submersible pump, if I opt for external pump it costs me 4.5K of 1hp motor but after construction it would be no use for me. So in confusion I purchase openwell submersible pump of Texmo brand for Rs 10,800 and extra cable of 6m for Rs 360.
After purchasing water pump I got mixed reviews from my family friends saying during construction external pump would be ideal as there will be lot of mud and cement debris will be falling in site sump which could damage the submersible pump. In my case until my sump is ready I would be drawing water from my rented house sump so will think to purchase external one once my sump is ready.
For water hose pipe my friend recommended to go with black one as it can sustain all sorts of brutality in construction site, so with his reference it costed me Rs 1100 of 3/4 inch 30m length. As my mestri stays near by that pipe vendor I asked him to get it for me when coming to my site.
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

Hi Manohar

Open well/Submersible 1HP capacity pumps water in a tremendous pressure not like regular external 1HP mono block pumps. So make a feedback plumbing arrangement back to the sump, so that it will reduce the water pressure & also saves precious water for you, else it will be very difficult to use the water coming out with high pressure from the hose pipe for curing & all other construction phased activities.

Meanwhile no need to worry about the usage of Open well pumps during construction phase. They're robust and can sustain all kinds of abuse on it. I've used it from my sump for almost 10 months during the construction phase & now same is used for pumping water from sump to the Over Head Tank installed on 3rd floor. It takes less than 10 mins for filling the 2,000 Ltr capacity Over head tank. So you can imagine its power/Pressure of pumping the water. So Water Level Controller is a must to use them to Over Head Tank Pumping, to save precious water.
kk55340

Post by kk55340 »

Wishing you all the best Manohar, please keep updating thread with brand, quantity and price for each items, and photos of construction if possible, best of luck.

Return to “Civil Construction”