Please help us with choosing wall height

jayesha

Please help us with choosing wall height

Post by jayesha »

Hello,

I have two option for me before I go further in my house contruction. Budget is the contraint and hence I need to choose one of the two options.

option 1: Floor to floor Wall height of 11 ft and all UPVC Windows.
option 2: Floor to floor wall height of 10 ft and Honne wood frame and shutter windows.

Though I like the wall height of 11 ft as it gives spacious look and also more airy. But I have to be content with UPVC windows. Does the wall height of 10 ft also as good as 11 ft ? if you were in my position what was your preference? I really appreciate your input on this.
vijayk76

Re: Please help us with choosing wall height

Post by vijayk76 »

My two cents..... If it was just one floor, i would have gone for 11 feet. If the situation is like mine, ground floor parking then duplex on first and second, my aim to reduce the number of steps i need to climb. I would go with 10 feet in this case.
Infact I was evaluating options of 9 feet for ground floor where I plan to have studio room. Objective is lesser steps. House will look like apartment if the plot is small
jayesha

Re: Please help us with choosing wall height

Post by jayesha »

vijayk76 wrote:
August 4th, 2022, 8:05 pm
Infact I was evaluating options of 9 feet for ground floor where I plan to have studio room. Objective is lesser steps. House will look like apartment if the plot is small
Thanks for your input. Mine is G+1. if there is no much difference in appearance between 10 and 11 feet, then I will go with 10 feet wall. In my case, if I have to go with 11 feet wall, then I have to be happy with UPVC windows (because of budget constraint) instead of wooden windows.

Return to “Civil Construction”