ಕನಸಿನ ಮನೆ ಪ್ರಾರಂಭೋತ್ಸವ (Dream house construction started )

savigk

Re: ಕನಸಿನ ಮನೆ ಪ್ರಾರಂಭೋತ್ಸವ (Dream house construction started )

Post by savigk »

Sir Please could you share labour contractor phone number
thank you
manomur

Post by manomur »

I hope you have not gone through my complete post, my labour contractor has messed up my slab casting and he has very much attitude though doing mistake he still argues so I need to terminate him.
manomur

Post by manomur »

Hi All,
My construction has resumed, with God's grace I am able to find good reliable contractor who quoted reasonably for pending work and moreover the contractor himself is diploma in civil having a vast experience working under many construction companies w.r.t govt projects before joining to his brother's construction company.
Will keep you posted on completion of every milestone.
Kiran Kumar K

Post by Kiran Kumar K »

manomur wrote:
February 12th, 2023, 8:25 pm
Regarding windows.
After doing research on UPVC and wood windows I have finalized with wood windows and bought Nilambur teak from Kerala. My friend the neighbor's site owner is from Kerala so it was easy to source the wood from Kerala with a valid pass. Initially I wanted to go with UPVC windows, after doing a lot of enquiries of various best brands I finalized to go with wood. Weatherseal, if you consider a minimum order of Rs 10 lakhs then the basic 2.5 track windows they were quoting 550 per sqft and the colour profile is almost double. When it comes to  Fenesta the look and feel and quality is top notch but price is costlier than teak wood in comparison.My requirement of wood was 175 cft and based on my size sections the saw mill guy suggested me to go with logs of C3 and B4 size. For this size we need to consider the wastage would be around 30% after sawing. So one fine day we went directly to Nilambur forest with a saw mill guy and selected the lot of size C3 and B4 totaling 243 cft. The logs were of a 70 years old tree which was cut 9 months back. On an average the wood cost comes to Rs 2700 per cft. After doing some advance payment he made an arrangement of shifting the  wood to his saw mill from the forest depot. Two weeks later on the weekend we went to his saw mill and did the sawing which took almost 2 days and arranged transportation to my site in Huskur on the same day. The lorry reached the next day to my site and unloaded the wood and stacked it up for further seasoning. We did check carpenters in Bengaluru and took quotations from 3 different carpenters and found it to be costly when compared to Kerala carpenters. We visited one house in Kerala to see the carpenters' work and we were quite impressed with the work they have done.  So we finalized them and asked them to start our work from the month of April.
Hr̥dayapūrvaka namaskāram sir, please share the phone # of the person with whom u purchased it and the saw
mill...
manomur

Post by manomur »

9446262129 Shabeer
In case if you face a language problem, one of their staff understand Kannada and English, ask him to connect with that person.
manomur

Post by manomur »

Hi All,
After a long time I am here to update, actually got busy with many of things as my real test time started as I am nearing to civil work completion and commencement of internal works like plumbing and fabrication.
The major civil work like structure gets completed without any fuss but small works keeps bothering you more as you need to achieve co-ordination among other works like plumbing, electrical and fabrication.
This phase is really testing my patience as work is going at snail pace and moreover impacting my personal life and work but still trying to remain calm and composed to achieve this big mammoth task.

Civil: Internal plastering is almost done and external plastering is pending with North and East side.
Electrical: Wall piping is done and requires changes here and there and repairing of damaged pipes due to plumbing work.
Plumbing: Grooving and installation of diverters is going on
Fabrication : Asked fabricator to OTS grill work
Flooring : Finalized tiles layer and took estimation of tiles/granite required for building
Painting: Almost finalized the painter and asked to visit again for finalizing the price and to check undulation of walls before commencement.

Actually as per plan I am supposed to start putty work from September but as said the work is getting delayed due to small pending civil works, so hopefully I may start it from end of September month.

HomeCurrentStatus.jpeg
manomur

Post by manomur »

I have decided to take a legal action against my former mestri who has messed up my 2nd slab. As mentioned in my earlier post the slab is 4 inch slope at the front and thickness of slab is not uniform at some corners it is 4.5 inch and at some places it is 5 inch.
He didn't removed the shuttering before settlement hence I couldn't find the major mistake he committed. I need to shell out 1.2 Lakh more than agreed amount until that stage in order to terminate his service and need to spend huge amount on repairing the slab. As I felt I am cheated so decided to take a legal action against him. I have sent a legal notice with the help of some online forum, initially he was terrified and did check for my demands with middle man but later on he remained silent and seems not at all bothered about the notice. So I decided to engage a personal advocate to deal this. As per my advocate advice I got evaluation of mistakes/damages done in my building by Govt certified civil engineer, currently awaiting for his report and then to reissue notice again.
Many of my well wishers asking me not to waste my money and efforts for all these and concentrate on completing of construction work but I am not able to digest whatever happened with me, its my dream house and I have invested my heart and soul to shape my dream house but this crooks doesn't even value our feelings they just need money irrespective of the quality of work.
He done many mistakes but slope of 4 inch in slab is not acceptable at all and he keeps arguing and defending his mistakes and doesn't respect Owner and Engineer. Once while arguing with him he said Engineer don't have brains, so right at that moment I decided to terminate him.

So be careful with this Mestri if anyone is thinking of construction of house

Name : Munivelu
S/o. Narayana Swamy
Site no. 157/2, Vittasandra Village, Prosphara Layout,
Beur Hobli, Bangalore South, Bangalore-560068
pramod_murthy

Post by pramod_murthy »

Hello Manohar,

Appreciate you putting up the mestri details here!

The construction industry being an unorganized sector there are simply too many crooks around us trying to make hay out of people's desire for their dream home. I am not saying everyone is a crook. There are good people and there are bad people and it is difficult to separate good from the bad. Therefore, I think honest feedback like yours is very important.

Social Media is not really helpful in finding good contractors/workers. The pictures in Insta, FB, and YouTube do not really depict the reality and the pain the owners would have gone through. It is easy to showcase bad as extraordinary in photos and reels. Also, all these places are easy to manipulate and highly moderated. So, misleading!

This website used to be filled with posts of experience and advice a few years ago. I do not see it anymore. I hardly see any posts. It is good for society to keep this website upto date. People should come forward and express their views of the people they engaged in building their homes. It may help someone to achieve their dream home.

I am also sailing the same boat as you and in the same stage of construction. I have given full contract so I am not as much involved as you are. That was a mistake in hindsight. I have an interesting story to tell people. I am waiting for the work to be completed before making a judgment. I do not want to be prejudiced against the contractor (he keeps telling me I should wait until the work is completed). But surely will put my story here which is in the making!

I understand why many are advising you against going Legal. Their advice may seem logical at the outset. But, I encourage you to pursue Legal. Sure, it will be tiresome but in the end bringing Crook to justice will be immensely satisfactory. You will forget all the tiredness you would have gone through. It will also help the system and society to evolve. All the best!

It would be good if you could share the Govt certified civil engineer details who helped you with the evaluation of the mistake. It may be useful for others who may want to get their building evaluated as well!

Regards,
Pramod
manomur

Post by manomur »

Hi All,
Regarding gas pipeline I contacted Agni Solutions (reference from other posts) , he seems to be a professional guy based out in Hyderabad, when it comes to material he is suggesting to go with stainless steel 316 grade for Rs 450 per sqft and each accessories cost Rs 1500, so for my building with ground and Duplex it may be around 30ft for that he was giving rough estimate of Rs 36,000 which seems to be very expensive analogous to copper piping.
When I asked about copper piping he was saying the price may come down to half but in long run its not good as they need to heat the copper pipe and connect to valve which may result in leakage in long run. So I am still thinking which one to go with, it would be helpful sharing your experience with type of gas piping done and reliable vendor for the same with price details.
Naveenkpt

Post by Naveenkpt »

Try Jindal MLC pipe...this pipe is made for Gas transportation and will come at less cost than SS pipe...

Return to “Civil Construction”