House Construction - My Diary

vijayk76

Re: House Construction - My Diary

Post by vijayk76 »

Hello All,

Finally Good News and Big Relief.... i really don't know how many rounds/visits to BBMP office, ARO office.... Finally plan is Approved. I plan to start my construction from this month. Its more than a decade i am part of this forum, have learnt a lot from what people's experience. Now is the time to learn more, share my learnings/experience to this Forum. Below are Open Topics....

1) Architect - To begin with i contacted few architects, based on reviews/responsiveness i contacted Furgonomics from Shimoga... got done my 2D, now in process of 3D.... so far the experience with them has been pretty good.
except the fact they are not Bangalore

2 - Civil Engineer - i need more from supervision perspective who can work with Architect and Mysteri who i have decided who to go with. It would be hectic but mostly i would provide material.

3-Reliable contractor from whom source sand. i am assuming steel will be directly from shop/vendor, cement will be again directly from shop/vendor. Bricks... mostly i would go with Apco . their office i guess is not far from my site which is close to Meenakshi mall.

I would continue to regularly update this thread.

regards
Vijay
kk55340

Post by kk55340 »

HI Vijay
Congratulations on getting building plan approved, query on your plans
did it cost you to get all plans for 80 k
1) 2d
2) 3d elevation
3) structural
4) plubming,electricals
5) Detailed interiors : providing each iteam placement wardrobe and color compbinations of tiles walls wardroeds etc?

please let me know what drawings did you get for 80 k, when i connected they are quoting atleats 21 psqft for 1,2,3 and 4
and for 5 - detailed interiori desgins cost coming to 35 rs peqft , please clarify since i am in hurry to finalizae architect and get plans drawn
vijayk76

Post by vijayk76 »

HI KK,

Yes they have some offer going on and i was given quote of 61K for 3000 sq feet built up. 21 rs psf for all the drawings (1,2,3,4)….. #5 is not in scope of 21 rupees psf. I had paid 10 K for 2 D plan, 5 variation's and final drawing really came up to my expectations.
Now they are preparing 3 D elevation which includes 20 sec animation walk through. there would 3 variations of 3D and i have paid 8 K for this. if am happy with 3D then i can proceed with remaining #4 and #5.

I have finalized Mestri, however i am meeting couple of Civil Engineers who would supervise the work. Act between Mestri and Architect. I am going on Labor contract.
kk55340

Post by kk55340 »

Ok yeah , even I am planning for the same going for labour contract and planning to hire an civil engineer on salary for duration of construction, please let me know how are you finding civil engineer, wat is scope of civil engineer and monthly salary.

Btw thanks for quick response
vijayk76

Post by vijayk76 »

Hi KK, i sent you my phone number on your message. lets connect.
vijayk76

Post by vijayk76 »

Updates :
Well Digging : Approximate Cost (all inclusive )would be less than 50 k , assuming 20 feet depth and 3 feet width.

Site Cleaning : Plan to do tomorrow - JCB + Tractor needed

Supervision : This would be either Architect or Civil Engineer who will ensure the Mestri is building the house as per the plan and also check on quality + guidance through out. Met one of the Civil Engineer today the quote he gave appeared to be on higher side. I am not sure how much generally they charge for scope of work i am looking for.

More updates Later.
vijayk76

Post by vijayk76 »

Updates :
Delays, Delays & Delays : Plan Approval Took ages... when i got the approved Plan i was like

I'm unstoppable I'm a Porsche with no brakes I'm ... I'm unstoppable today

With my little knowledge i thought 27th Oct should be good day to do Bhoomi Pooja, soon to realize that
we cannot start any activity like House/Marriage/etc till Nov 23. This phase is "Shukra Astangata" - Phase when Venus is in Combust and i was told differ the Bhoomi pooja... Now its moved to Dec 1st :)

Havells : Visited Havells Galaxy Store (Vinayak Enterprise) on Kanakpura Road. Crabtree Athena switches look good.
Legrand Areator is better but relatively more expensive. He told he will be able to match the quote given by dealers in Chickpet.

Visited couple of Tiles shop: - Primarily for Bathroom tiles, Flooring is going to be Granite.

Temp Electric Connection : Called Deepu -found this number it his forum. He told 17 K for 2KW , 28 days cycle.
I am not sure if we need to pay extra for Board/Cable. I also called one more guy who told 21k, in which 15k is deposit, rest is his, fees, bribe, file charges.

Hopefully things move at reasonable pace.

Query :
Electrician : what parameters to considered for hiring electrical contractor for electricals work. I see quotes in some of the threads - 1700 to 2400 per 100 sq feet.

Plumber : Need to ensure he is skilled enough to do plumbing work for Rain shower - with 5 diverter. If they have not handled complex installation, they will mess it big time.

regards
Vijay
vijayk76

Post by vijayk76 »

Updates :

Hunt for Rain Shower : Jaquar has limited options for Rain shower. Jazz has good options however the quality is not good. I visited Oyster experience center - 400*400 MM rain shower ( Mist/Fall/Rain) + 4 Body Jet + Diverter + Thermostat would cost 1.38 lakh , with 25% discount this would cost me 1.04 lakh. In addition to this i need to buy Spout and Hand shower. Kattha and Chabria are the places to buy.

UPVC Windows - Visited Madhu industries, the information provided by Manish(Owner) was good. I happen to see French Doors by SIMTA Astrix( the quality looks good and the doors were pretty sturdy) i called them approximately the cost would be around 550 PSF 2.5/3 track windows/doors...
At this point, compared to Madhu, i feel SIMTA looks better. Material (Thickness/quality) both are almost same however the finish of SIMTA looks better.

Temp Connection : I called couple of them - at high level for 2KW, 28 days cycle around 5K is handling/processing charges, 2.5 to 3 K is charges for wire/board/switch ( around 20 meters from electricity Pole). In addition to this there would be BESCOM charges - Deposit & Prepaid amount which together would be around 15k
apart from this every month they charge around 400 to 500 rs to furnish the readings to BESCOM. in case of Temp connection it is our responsibility to note the readings and pay the amount for usage. This process is challenging hence the contractor charges fixed amount every month.

BRICKS : Either AVS or APCO. Apco is kind of non negotiable …. AVS seem to be little flexible. Though the basic cost of 6 inch brick is 42 in both case, the final price per brick in case of APCO is more since they add transportation. in case of AVS it includes transport cost.

more updates later
pramod_murthy

Post by pramod_murthy »

Hi Vijay, Would you please share the contacts of the electrical contractors you have spoken to?

Thanks,
Pramod
kk55340

Post by kk55340 »

vijayk76 wrote:
October 8th, 2022, 3:14 pm
Hi KK, i sent you my phone number on your message. lets connect.
Hi Vijay

I did not get any PM, cna you reshare your contact numbe rplease.

Return to “Civil Construction”