Terrace Water Proofing

SatishKumar

Terrace Water Proofing

Post by SatishKumar »

Dear Friends,
Please suggest your reference for water proofing my terrace. Currently, my terrace is having water leaking in its corners. Can i go for companies like Dr.Fixit, AsianPaints Smartcare Damp proof etc or any local contractor who would be better. Please provide your references in case you have done and found to be effective and the indicative cost. Thanks for your time and support.
SatishKumar

Re: Terrace Water Proofing

Post by SatishKumar »

Dear Friends, Gentle Reminder, please share your inputs. Thanks for your time and support.
rk80

Post by rk80 »

We recently got it done from a local business close to the house. From my research, there are two way:

1. Redo the "surki", i.e. break the concrete and redo it. This is more costly (2X price), takes a little longer, but is more durable and you can don't need any special precaution while using the roof later (e.g. to put chairs and tables etc.).

2. Fill cracks in roof by opening them with a cutter and filling with epoxy. Then use water proofing chemicals and coat the roof with it. Sometimes they also use a mosquito mesh type of fabric to hold the chemicals in place. This is cheaper, quicker, they give "guarantee" it will last for 5-7 years minimum. But you have to be careful not to have any sharp objects on the roof (e.g. legs of chairs) which might rip open the fabric and create holes.

My suggestion is to go for (1) if you have time and money.
rk80

Post by rk80 »

Which area are you in ?
SatishKumar

Post by SatishKumar »

Thanks @rk80 for your inputs. i live in Banaswadi. do you have any personal reference with whom you have engaged for the same. Please refer, if you have got personal experience only. Thanks again for your time and support.
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

you can take the help of Dr. Raghunath Sosale of Protect infrastructure systems.
He is master in Waterproofing and he has invented his own water proofing products and does root cause analysis and gives perfect solutions for your problem. You can reach out to him @ +91 9945854043 / +91 9108460043.

Even if you go to Dr. Fixit or any other companies, they just sell their products and execution will be outsourced to some local service provider only. They don't do any problem analysis on case to case basis.
SatishKumar

Post by SatishKumar »

Thanks @msn1270 for your inputs.
SatishKumar

Post by SatishKumar »

@msn1270 - i have reached out to Dr.Raghunath@protect infra thru +91 9945854043 / +91 9108460043. Over a period of 3 days, both the nos on dialling out gave the msg "Incoming calls are barred to this no and will be activated upon recharge. Dropped a note to their contact email id. just FYI.
Sree0909

Post by Sree0909 »

Hi,
I got water proofing done by a contractor who used Dr.Fixit. It has been 5 years since it is done and it fairly helped. 5 years is the warranty that the contractor also provides. I was charged on a per sq ft basis which I felt was expensive. But I felt that if you know any local civil work help, even he should be able to do it getting paid for the labour and you buying the material from a local shop who can guide you on what you should buy. This is the cheapest approach. A better approach would be to follow the second method the other respondent provided which makes use of epoxy. Epoxy is a very hard material and once it gets filled in the cracks, there is a remote chance of seepage.
SatishKumar

Post by SatishKumar »

Thanks @Sree0909 for your inputs.

Return to “Civil Construction”