House construction - New

rmahi99

House construction - New

Post by rmahi99 »

Hi Friends,
Starting my new house construction in Arekere-Hulimavu area. Watchman shed is going to start shortly.
Need your help in finding good Material supplier from Bangalore south area.

6" Blocks - Panchami blocks are from North, hence not feasible for this side. Any good 6" block supplier with good quality and decent price
m-Sand and Jallistone suppliers - Any references will help

Thanks,
M
Kiran Kumar K

Re: House construction - New

Post by Kiran Kumar K »

rmahi99 wrote:
May 17th, 2023, 7:28 pm
Hi Friends,
Starting my new house construction in Arekere-Hulimavu area. Watchman shed is going to start shortly.

6" Blocks - Panchami blocks are from North, hence not feasible for this side. Any good 6" block supplier with good quality and decent price

Thanks,
M
Please do contact AVS TECH BUILDING SOLUTIONS Mr Manjunath sales-95855 90702
rmahi99

Post by rmahi99 »

Kiran Kumar K wrote:
May 18th, 2023, 8:13 am
rmahi99 wrote:
May 17th, 2023, 7:28 pm
Hi Friends,

Thanks,
M
Please do contact AVS TECH BUILDING SOLUTIONS Mr Manjunath sales-95855 90702
Thanks Kiran. Have reached out to Mr Manjunath
rmahi99

Post by rmahi99 »

All,
I have dug up borewell and fortunately got good water yield (> 2") at 450' and 500' in my site. Went upto 650'. Drillers suggested that PVC filter needs to be added due to Loose soil and possibility of Silt filling up. Enquired the neighbors and they have done the same too. Hence went for PVC filter pipe all the way down.

My question now
1) For the total height of 700' is 3HP with 40 stage of borewell motor with Single phase is sufficient? I will be going with Texmo mostly, yet to decide between Taro and Aqua. Taro vendor seems to provide 2 yrs warranty and motor pumps up 22' for each stage. Can someone confirm on this please?
2) With the above specification of the motor, for my Bescom Temporary connection is 3KW with Single phase is sufficient to cover all my house construction work? I'm planning for Lift and A/C as well, hope it will not impact the Temporary connection power consumption.

Appreciate your comments on the above queries

Thanks,
M
rmahi99

Post by rmahi99 »

Temporary Electric meter - Went with 3KW, 3 phase meter for 61 days. Still I need to pay every 28 days as per electrical contractor. Lately getting temporary electric meter cost has jumped Many folds.

Borewell - Went with Texmo Taro 3HP, 35 stage with 3 Phase submersible motor. Expected to lift water upto 700' only. Distributor convinced that 2.5 mm 3 core Finolex cable is suffiicent for this depth (630').
investormahi

Post by investormahi »

Latest update :
Footing completed.
Lot of Bar binding work was there, where many concealed beams were planned and also double mat provided for Lift provisioning. This is needed since multiple floors planned.
Went ahead with RMC concrete as per wonderful knowledge learned in this site. Thanks to Visualizer for his insightful comments on RMC concrete. It saved lot of time and achieved good M25 quality.

Next step RCC sump construction, Soil re-filling and Plinth construction. Planned to complete in next 10 days hopefully.

Any good Electrical contractor reference is appreciated.
investormahi

Post by investormahi »

Update :
Ground Floor Roof is completed. Went with Gangman this time and I found it is far cheaper than going with RMC. I sourced the materials which are of good quality and hence feel comfortable about the quality of the build.

Next : Researching wood sourcing and requirement for both Teak wood, Honne/Sal wood.
Lucky to have good combination of The Architect and Labour contractor who is executing the project in superbly.

7 days of water curing for the Roof and on 8th day Column starters and construction work is going to start. Brickwork will start only after 12 days.
vishalv

Post by vishalv »

Hi Mahi,

how is the construction going? Please share your experiences
mnvsaikira

Post by mnvsaikira »

Hi I am constructing a house near Hulimavu, Bennerghatta road Bangalore. I am in search of teak wood for doors and few windows. For doors I though of going for teak, for bathroom door frames (vascals) I planning to go for wpc frames and doors. And for windows I am planning to go for UPVC.

Please suggest good teak wood supplier nearby or in and around Bangalore as my requirement is just 45CFT.
Please provide your valuable suggestions if my thinking above is OK or not OK.
Thanks,
Sai

Return to “Civil Construction”